Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sometimes we don't love something anymore.

I honestly believe we have seasons in life where we love things and then things we once loved, we just feel as if it becomes work. That is what happened with this blog. I got to where it was so much work to actually post 5 days a week. I found myself wanting to create a bunch of content that just wasn't very good just to post daily. I put so much pressure on myself to be a daily blogger that I got to where I didn't love it anymore. I took time off obviously. I pursued other paths for a creative outlet. I failed at many things, but then it happened. 

I found a creative outlet that really paired well with my Type A personality. I'm a planner by nature. I love lists and marking things off. I had an agenda in high school, just the cheap ones that were provided for us. I found myself decorating it and drawing all over it all the time. After high school, I just had a bunch of notebooks I wrote lists in. 3 years ago, I discovered Erin Condren and my life was changed. At the time, I had no idea about the planner community, much less the potential this little spiral bound planner had. I used it as a list keeper for the first year, then the second year, I had a small encounter with the planner community when one of the Youtuber's I watch shared a planner video. I immediately started collecting all the washi I could get my hands on. My goal was to have a candy jar full of washi. I had no idea what I would do with it all, but I successfully completed that goal! 

After playing around with printables, I made the jump and purchased my very first printed kit from Planner Sticker Jubilo. To say I was hooked was an understatement. 



I've been a planner sticker addict ever since. I look forward to planning each week and new releases give me life. I've found some of my favorite shops and I have a huge stack of planner kits just waiting to be used. I even attended the Atlanta PlannerCon this past weekend. I decided to take a huge leap of faith, and I recorded my very first youtube video. 


My love of planners has sparked my love of blogging again. I thought through it over and over before i decided to get back into blogging, but I found this wonderful thing. Balance. I don't need to push myself to be a daily blogger or create what I like to call "fluff content." 

When I decided to get back into blogging, I decided I would focus only on things I love. So in that, I'll be posting a lot about planning, books, beauty, holidays and who knows what else. There won't be a set schedule for a while, but I am so looking forward to getting back into the blogger community. So in saying all that, here is to baby steps. 

1 comment:

  1. That video was mesmerizing! Now I want all the planners and stickers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...