Monday, August 17, 2015

Why We Picked A Cruise Again + A New Series


If you have been around here for a while then you know C & I love cruises. Our 1st "real" vacation alone was a cruise, we have been on several with my dad's half of the family, and for the last 2 years we have taken a week long cruise for our anniversary. In fact, those 2 week long cruises were out of Port Canaveral, FL, on the Freedom of the Seas to the same 3 Caribbean ports each trip. You would think that we would pick a different vacation right?

Wrong! We are going on a cruise again this year! And once again, it is out of Port Canaveral, FL on the Freedom of the Seas to the same ports in the Caribbean as before the only difference is we are going a little later in the year this time AND we aren't going alone! That is right. C's parents will be joining us this year.

When talking about vacation, we decided to ask C's parents if they wanted to come since we have never vacationed with them. After lots of talks, we settled on a cruise and since his parents haven't been to any of the ports we are going to, we picked the route C and I have been on before! It works out well for C and I though. We know the ships, we know the ports, and we know the drive to get there. So we know what to skip and what not to miss.

For me, as always, key factors for a vacation are being able to see several places and basically having everything included, getting away from technology, and being able to relax with a strawberry daiquiri in hand! Cruises always win my vote. For the price, and everything that is included, I just don't think you can beat it. This year is no different.



Over the next several weeks/months I will be sharing lots of tips, tricks, advice and reviews about cruising in a series rightfully named Cruise 101. Be on the lookout for a new post every other Friday starting August 28, 2015.

Do you like cruises?
Would you ever go on a cruise with your in-laws?

Cruise 101 will be a series based on mine and C's knowledge of cruising with Royal Caribbean to Caribbean ports. We have been to Nassau, Bahamas, Coco Cay, Bahamas (RC's private island), Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas and Phillipsburg, St Maarten. While the information I share is based off cruises with Royal Caribbean, and to these specific ports, most of the information is transferable to different itineraries and cruise lines. Be sure to do check with the cruise line you choose to see how it matches up with the information I am providing. All information given is based on my own experience, and is my own opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I LOOOVE cruises! I've been on two so far, but Kyle hasn't. I'd love to take him on one some day -- I guess the kids would enjoy it too ;) So excited about your new series!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...