Friday, July 17, 2015

#PrayForChattanooga


Yesterday my favorite city in the entire world got national news attention. The president even gave a speech about it. I wish I could say it was for some great reason, but it wasn't. Yesterday morning, around 10:30-10:45 AM, a coward went to the local military recruiting offices on Lee Hwy and proceeded to take a gun and open fire. He then made his way about 6-7 miles away to the Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center where 4 Marines were killed. Others were injured.


The coward was a local resident. He graduated from a local high school and college. At one point, he worked the mall I love to shop at. I have friends who knew him, who went to school with him. He lived within 15 minutes of me. He was "a normal person" according to a lot of people, but to me, he is a murderer. He took the lives of those who fight for our freedom, for his freedom.


I'm so proud to call Chattanooga my home. Our police officers responded in such a fast and amazing way. Our city has rallied together to show our love and support to the fallen Marines and others injured. You never think anything like this will happen in your city, but it happens. Chattanooga is standing strong, united, and full of prayer. We will not let this coward define our city.


My heart goes out to the families of the fallen. My heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine the sadness and anger you must be feeling. My prayers are forever with you as you deal with the aftermath of yesterday. I am so grateful for the service of the Marines that we lost yesterday, as well as all of our armed service members. I am praying for peace and comfort during this difficult time.


Please keep the families of those who where lost and those that were injured in your prayers. Please keep my city, my home, Chattanooga, Tennessee, in your prayers as we deal with the aftermath of this horrific attack. We broken hearted over this attack, but we will stand strong.

#PrayForChattanooga #NoogaStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...