Thursday, July 30, 2015

Feeling at Home

Wait a minute. Is it really the end of July? How in the world did that happen? I know time flies when you are having fun, but I seriously have no clue where July went. Before long, it will be the beginning of summer 2016. 

This month, I'm thankful for so much because so many wonderful things have fallen into place. If you read this post from earlier in the week, then you might know that C and I are now attending the church I grew up in. It was a great God story of how this came to be. 


C's coworker mentioned to C that the church his family just moved to was in need of a drummer and knowing C had some experience, he invited us to a Wednesday night service at the beginning of the month. It was just to kind of check out the church and see what it was about.The church had previously been acquired by a larger church out of Knoxville, TN, Cokesbury, so some changes were in the works. 

I knew from conversations with C that the church that was acquired was White Oak UMC, the church I grew up in. I was more than happy to go back even if the only thing we got out of it was just to show C some of my childhood. 

6 PM Wednesday night rolled around and off to church we went. We met the new pastor, and several other new people as well as some people I grew up with. It was wonderful to see everyone. After the service, C and I went with the music director so C could get a feel of the music and see if becoming the church drummer was for him. Around 10:45 PM (ish) we finally left with a feeling of hope and a plan for C to play drums on Sunday (side note : he hadn't played in 7 years!). C and I had been searching for a church where we could serve God, and we felt like this was it. 

Sunday rolled around and to say that we felt at home was an understatement. The overwhelming feeling of knowing that God had placed things in our lives to bring us to that church at that time was so amazing. It brought me to tears. We have been going since July 8, and there is no turning back! 

So this month, I am extremely thankful for Cokesbury White Oak and the wonderful people we have met.

What are you thankful for?
Has a church ever felt like home to you? 

From Bisons to Buckeyes: Thankful Thursday Party

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a wonderful story. So glad you've been blessed with this church home and opportunity to serve. I love hearing stories like this. You have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...