Friday, July 31, 2015

[5 Picks] Summer Nail Colors


I use to be the kind of girl who never painted her nails because I hated when they chipped. It was too much up keep and to be totally honest, I'm a lazy girl and I don't have time for nail polish to dry. That was until I found this base coat and this top coat. The base coat has strengthened my nails and helps keep my polish for chipping. The top coat is super fast drying. By the time I am done topping one hand, the other is dry. It makes painting my nails so much easier, and a lot more fun. As we enjoy deal with the last few weeks of summer, I figured I would share some of my favorite nail colors for summer! 

Nails Inc. London : VVB Judo Red : It is an orange red, and such a fun summer color. I know it is a bit on the pricey side, but I love the formula and the brush makes application so easy. 


Essie : Bikini So Teeny : I love this color. When I went looking for a new polish, I knew the exact color I wanted, I just didn't know if anyone made it. Then I saw this color and it was like the nail polish gods had answered my prayers! Essie polish is hit or miss for me. Some work great while others just don't. This one is a great big win! I topped the accent nail with a grey glitter polish I have. 

Maybelline Color Show Black to Black : Patent Black (700) : I don't know why, but I love black polish in the summer. I really love it on my toes, but I sometimes love the look of black nails. I saw this at Target and bought it on a whim. I have been wearing it on my toes for months and I've hand it on my fingernails several times. It is a patent black, so it is shiny even without a top coat. 

Essie : Peach Daiquiri : I think we can all agree that a bright vibrant peachy pink coral needs to be in our nail polish collection. This is my very favorite bold color. I keep going back to it. 

Nails Inc. London NailKale : Mayfair Lane : As much as I love my fun colors, I love a good nude nail as well. This light pink gives you just a hit of color and again, this polish is like the base coat and helps to strengthen my nails. The brush is amazing and well worth the price tag. (Sephora doesn't seem to show this color online, but I have seen it in several stores. It is also found in the small kit that is linked above.)

What are some of your favorite summer nail colors?

1 comment:

  1. I love black nail polish too! I like the pastels as well. Sometimes I just love the way the black looks, like you said. But, other days I'll pick a pastel blue or purple. I use Covergirl nail polish a lot. I got almost all of my nail polish from couponing. So, even the pricier stuff was almost free! Free nail polish = one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...