Wednesday, June 10, 2015

[Chattanoga Date Night] Riverbend

There is no denying that I love this city. Chattanooga has always been home and to be able to share this city with my amazing husband is so amazing for me. We both proudly call Chattanooga home and I'm hoping I never have to live anywhere else. There is so much to do and see in Chattanooga making it the perfect city for some really great date nights!


One of the great things about Chattanooga is the annual river front 9 day music festival, Riverbend. Admission for the entire festival is wristbands and can be bought up until the day before the festival starts for $39 or $55 at the gate (2015). Individual night wristbands can be purchased for $25 a night or $10 on Tuesday night which is Faith and Family night. Kids under 10 get in free with an adult. Start seating in front of the stage can be purchased for every night, but prices vary and seats are gone quick. Riverbend takes up the entire river front, so come prepared to walk. To make food and beverage purchases, you have to buy tokens. For $1.00 you get 2 tokens and those 2 tokens are worth $1.00 inside the festival and can be used the following year if you end up with extra. Monday there are no performances, but instead there is the Bessie Smith Strut which takes place away from river front and is a blues night.


There is always a good mix of artists. The main stage, the Coke Stage, has the main act on it usually starting at 9 PM. This year, they added a few additional acts on the Coke Stage earlier in the evening. This year's Coke Stage line up included St Paul & the Broken Bones (F), 3 Doors Down (F), WAR (S), Martina McBride (S), Leon Russell (Sn), Merle Haggard (Sn), Matthew West (T), Doug E Fresh & Slick Rick (W), Melissa Etheridge: This is M.E. (W), Little River Band (Th), Hunter Hayes (Th), Cole Swindell (F), Gregg Allman (F), Here Come the Mummies (S), and ending with the Stone Temple Pilots (F).

Some other bands that are in the line up for this year are Sam Hunt (S), Tenth Avenue North (T), and Molly Hatchet (F) among many others including local bands. It is a great deal for the amount of concerts. If you are ever in the area during Riverbend, you should stop by. I think everyone should at least experience one night, and my pick for that one night no matter what year is Tuesday night, Faith and Family night.

Faith and Family night is the only night where alcohol is not sold. The crowds are tamer and I feel like the bands are better. Let me share 2015's Faith and Family night with you.






Tenth Avenue North was amazing. Best performance I've seen, and I can honestly say they are my favorite band. At the start of the show, the lead singer, Mike Donehey, called Chattanooga Chatty, and that made Tenth Avenue North even more amazing. The show itself was great, full of energy, spirit, and God. I wish they would have been able to play all night because I would have gladly stood there listening and worshiping with them. At the end of the show, they walked off stage, everyone turned to leave, and then Mike Donehey came back on stage to play an acoustic version of By Your Side for us. Since so many had already left, we were able to get close to the stage. It was such a moving moment too. Personally, I felt the spirit of God with us at that time. That alone was worth more than the cost of the wristbands. Such a powerful way to end such a great concert.




Matthew West was on the Coke Stage. At first, I wasn't sure if I knew many of his songs, but I quickly realized I did and they were some favorites. We did get star seating for this since my in-laws were with us and I didn't want to stand the entire time. Again, powerful performance. Faith and Family draws such a crowd and to see so many people worshiping God together is moving. Matthew West has great stage performance and really puts on an entertaining show. 

So if you are in town around this time in the future, be sure to stop by and watch some amazing shows. I wish I had taken my bigger camera to get better pictures, but I would have missed out on the moments, so these will have to do! 

Does your city have any summer music festivals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...