Monday, March 9, 2015

Our weekend felt like Spring!

I'm blogging on a Monday!! Talk about a shock. Anyway...

This weekend was amazing minus the spring forward part. Saturday C had to work, so that gave me a little time to play around with some of my new stuff. I just recently got into make up and skin care. My bank account took a small hit recently with some of my new purchases. I was never one to really wear make up. I think ever since Is tarted to wear make up, I may have spent $200 total. That is over the course of probably about 10 years. I just never really got into it. I never wore it. Then this past February, I went to Sephora to pick up a new brush for my Clarisonic Mia. I ended up getting my make up done, which meant I needed to spend $50. I walked away with the Urban Decay Naked palette, the Make Up Forever HD foundation (I'm in shade 117) and a new love for make up. Over the next few weeks, I spent quite a bit of time doing youtube research, and shopping. I think I have been to Sephora at least once a week since then, and I have done lots of online shopping.

Speaking of this, you might notice that I do a few more beauty related posts here on the blog. I've got a hair care/skin care drug store haul planned soon, then a drugstore make up haul and a high end make up haul that I just need to take pictures for. From there, beauty related posts will probably be more frequent than ever before.

Back to the weekend. Ulta recently had the Urban Decay Ammo palette on sale for $16 plus you got a small tube of their eye primer which I love. I checked both Ulta and Sephora online and neither have this palette anymore. So Saturday, I was able to finally pull this palette out ans swatch some of the colors. I'm super in love with the colors Mildew (green), Last Call (purple on the top row), Shattered (teal/blue), and Maui Wowie (gold/taupe, 1st on bottom row).  


Sunday, we got up late. Thanks day light savings time. So we spent some much needed time together. I was able to organize all my new make up and C was able to find up some really unique date ideas. We cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, then hammocked because it was amazing outside. If only the weather would stay like that forever!! 


We also spent the afternoon making yummy stuff! I made brownies, chocolate chip cookie dough which we made into balls and put in the freezer so we can make just a few cookies at a time, both chocolate chip and blueberry muffins to make breakfast easier, then C made some chicken for me and he made himself some wings for lunch this week. I'm not a fan of wings, but they smelled delicious!


I also spent the last few hours of the day pampering myself. I was finally able to take off my chipped nail polish, I did a face mask, and used this oil on my hair because I was feeling extra fancy. I'm still unsure of how I feel about this oil, but it was nice to just take a little me time.


I hope this weekend's weather is a sign that spring it almost here!!

Did you have a good weekend?
What are some of your favorite make up/skin care products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...