Monday, February 2, 2015

Marriage & Relationship Goals : Link Up

Marriage is hard work. I know I am not the only one who thinks that. I have to make the choice each morning to love my husband. Sometimes that is easier said than done, especially if we have had a fight recently. At the end of the day though, my husband is my best friend, my person if you will. That makes all the hard work worth it.



I've been following along with Amberly and the Marriage & Relationship Goals for a while. I think it is a great idea! Setting monthly goals is a great way to accomplish a lot of things in a short time. It is so easy to get overwhelmed when you set too many goals on yourself, so taking a monthly approach to that is awesome in my opinion.

My goal for February is based off of my word for 2015. Change. It is a simple word, but it packs a punch. Changing anything in life takes time. It takes commitment. That is why I picked change as my word this year. It is about changing for the better. I want to become a better version of myself, not only for me, but for my husband as well.

I do not want to change my husband. That isn't my goal. My goal is to change myself, which I hope leads to a changed marriage. Here are a few goals I have for my marriage this month!

*Go on at least 2 date nights : C and I have been married for a little over 4 years now. We don't have kids, but we have a huge pile of things we do, so date nights have been few and far between. I want to make a plan, as in write it in my planner, to go out on at least 2 dates where I actually take the time to make sure I look good for my husband.

*Read 1 chapter of Proverbs a day : Spending time in the word of God is really important. Making the time for God is something I need to make sure I do more often. I don't want to just read through Proverbs, but I want to really study it. And when I get to Proverbs 31, I plan on paying close attention I want to be like the Proverbs 31 wife. I know this is big goal. It is one I will be working on each and every month.

*See if we can pick up a new hobby or learn something new. : We have gotten in a routine it seems. After work, we make dinner, and then hang out watching TV several nights a week. I don't want to stay in the routine we are in. I think learning is something that we should never stop doing, and learning something together is awesome.

*Be more present. : In a world ran by social media, we often find ourselves spending more time scrolling through Instagram or Twitter. I don't want social media to eat up the time I have that should be spent with my husband.

What are some of your goals for this month?


Marriage & Relationship Goals














New to the Marriage & Relationship Goals Link-up? Goals help our relationships grow stronger and get better with time as well as help us to continue moving forward and avoid the "ruts" of life. This link-up was created in hopes of inspiring your relationship with your significant other no matter your chapter in life and love. We would love for you to join us in making the things we do in our relationships intentional. If you would like more information, click here.





5 comments:

  1. The biggest part about your goals is that change is necessary for a successful goal :) I'm excited to see how you do this month and am so glad that you are co-hosting with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are greta goals! I love that you want to change yourself, not him. As for learning something new together I think that's a great idea. I think that would help so many of us....I think tons of people are guilty of scrolling through social media and ignoring those right in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are focusing on changing yourself and not your husband. That's always hard for me to admit that often times I'm the biggest issue in my marriage. I really struggle with your goal of being present. It's something I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit the nail on the head! If you want to see some change, you have to start with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting away social media seems to be a consistent goal in a lot of these posts! :) And I love your idea of learning something new. I am so guilty if getting into a rut a lot and we need to break free from that! And good luck with planning the date nights and reading Proverbs. I can't wait to see how you do! Thanks for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...