Monday, January 19, 2015

With A Heavy Heart.

I wanted to just announce that I might be a bit absent on the blog this week.

Our family was turned upside down on Friday evening. We had known that my step grandmother was sick. They had given her 2 days to 2 weeks. I never imagined that Friday was going to be the day. They decided to send her to Hospice, and within hours, she was gone. It has been a very sad time for my family. Nan was such a joy. I am so blessed that I was about the be a part of her family. She taught me so much about life, family, and laughter.

She lived with us for a short period of time when I was younger, and I am so grateful for that time. Nan was such a joy. She always had a smile on her face and knew how to make everyone around her laugh. In her last days, she was surrounded by all her kids, several other family members, as well as friends. She was a woman who was truly loved.

As sad as this time is, it is also a very happy time. Nan is now in Heaven with Jesus. She is pain free, and dancing for joy. I joked with my mom that she probably walked up to Jesus and said, "I'm going to make you some fudge. Do you want chocolate or peanut butter?" The woman could cook. She passed down recipes that will forever be a part of our family. When I eat fudge made by her recipe, or the chocolate cake with white icing she was known for, I will always smile and think of her. I will tell stories about her to my kids. While I am sad she is no longer with us, I rejoice because I will see her again!

Here is to you Nan! A woman who was loved beyond measure. This beautiful woman will be missed.

Nan is on the right, next to C, in balck and white. 

Rest in peace beautiful angel. Until we meet again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Cait, I am so sorry for your loss! I am praying for you and your family. Grandmothers can be special and it's so hard when they leave us but I am confident you will see her again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time...thinking of you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, but how crazy is it that you are kind of kin to a girl i've known my whole life! Amanda Thurmon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss :-( Saying a prayer for you and your family right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...