Monday, November 17, 2014

A Weekend Full Of Family

This weekend flew by and I loved every second of it. Friday, my mom and step dad came to stay the night with us. It was so good to spend time with them. now that C and I are adults, it seems like we are so busy and never get time for just hanging out with family unless it is a holiday. So Friday was great. We had to take a few pictures to send for a birthday present for my little brother, and Chaco even participated. She was the "B" in Happy Birthday.


Saturday morning after they left, C and I got ready for his parents arrival! They had asked before the cruise if I would take some pictures of them, and I was happy to do so. I think they turned out great, and I hope they love them. Here are a few of my favorites. 






We had lunch with them, and then we all watched the UGA vs Auburn game. I learned a very important thing too. I haven't quite grown the Long set of lungs. It was such a fun day. Again, we don't get to spend enough time with them. 

Sunday we slept in which was a miracle. At about 9 am, I woke up and thanked God so much for that extra 2 hours of sleep. We watched church online, then had a really long talk about what the speaker has talked about. Afterwards, some serious spring fall cleaning happened, and we got rid of a bunch of stuff. Thankfully I talked C into letting me get some of my Christmas stuff out. I have been on the look out for a great Nativity set, and I am glad I didn't buy one because I got some of a set as a gift last year for Christmas. I am really hoping to add to it this year as well. 


For dinner, we headed to my dad's house and fixed him dinner and watched a lot of YouTube. Spending time with family is so important, and as C and I get older, we realize it more and more. That is why this weekend was so great for us. We were able to spend time with all our parents. 

Do you make it a point to spend time with your family on a regular basis?
Have you started decorating for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...