Thursday, October 2, 2014

You Are Worth It.

I had a post planned out talking about how I stay motivated, but after a conversation I had with a dear friend last night, I really felt like I should post something else. This is that something else. 


We live in a world where social media is king. We share our lives to everyone via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, and so may other sites/apps. Bloggers take it even a step further by writing about tons on a website for everyone to see. We share with the world, but are we really sharing ourselves, or only what we thinks society will approve of? 

I know I am guilty of it. I'll gladly post about the workout I just had, but not the lazy evening laying on the couch watching Netfilx, while eating junk that has occurred for the past 5 days in a row. I'll post a picture of my freshly cleaned home, but not one of my home in every day life. On average, people only share their Pinterest perfect parts of life. That isn't real life though, not for most of us. 

For me, I am hardly ever Pinterest perfect. Life is messy. If you went to my house right now, you would find my bed isn't made and blankets are on the floor in the living room. I forgot to put my water glass in the kitchen, and don't even get me started on laundry. Windows need to be cleaned and I'm pretty sure that dishes need to be put away. My fridge probably needs cleaned out and I know I need to grocery shop. I wouldn't dare share that via social media. The standards of life are so high thanks to the various websites and apps we spend a ton of time on. And blogging is no different. 

What is horrible is a lot of people determine their worth based on the amount of likes, followers, mentions, etc that they have. I don't know about you, but I am so tired of it. I'm tired of feeling like I have to live up to this expectation that has been created for me by social media. Earlier this year, I took a break from social media, and that was a breath of fresh air. We have to learn balance. 

Worth isn't measured by the number on a scale, the amount of nights you spend hanging out with friends, or even the person that you spend your life with. We tend to forget that. As a general rule, us women are so hard on ourselves. We are our own worst enemy. We tear ourselves down and it destroys our spirit. We allow the expectations of everyone else to get to us. Well, I have something that I want all women to hear, and even men to. 

You are worth it. You are worth more than you can image. You are worth more than the cost of your car, or the price of your clothes. You are worth more that all the riches in the wold. You are worthy of great things. You are worth it. You are loved. You are loved more than you can imagine. It doesn't matter if your life is perfect, or if you think it is falling apart, you're worth isn't based on where you are in life. No matter where you are in life, remember that you are so loved that someone died for you. You are worth dying for. Jesus died for you. You are worth it. Don't ever forget that. 

If you are struggling with your worth, please find someone to talk to. You are welcome to contact me. If you need prayers, please let me know so that I can pray for you. We need to build each other up and support each other. Don't let social media or some one's expectations determine your worth. You are worth it. Don't let anyone tell you different. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great post. I think we all need reminding sometimes that our worth is not defined by what we have.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...