Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pumpkin Day 2014

This past weekend was the weekend I was looking forward to the most, well with exception to our cruise. C and I have been together for 5 fall season. The very first fall season, I convinced him to drive to Ellijay, GA for pumpkins and apples. How I did that, I have no idea. Then the next year, we did the same thing, then we went for our first anniversary. Needless to say, this specific trip has become known as Pumpkin Day in our house. We make the trip over every year, even now that we live in Chattanooga. We stop at Panarama Orchards and pick up apples, baby popcorn, some extra yummy sauces, and the best apple cider donuts known to man. We also usually split a fried apple pie and I down a few cups of apple cider. Yummy stuff I tell ya.

We then make a stop at Hillcrest Orchards for some more apples and some jam. Once again, I usually down some apple cider. My favorite stop though is at Burt's Pumpkin Farm. While this place is usually packed, I feel it is well worth it. There are so many pumpkins to pick from and all kinds of colors. We usually get several along with mini pumpkins, gourds, and corn. C always get an Icee, and I always get cheddar popcorn. Junk food is really present on this trip. Our last stop is lunch at Longhorn's, however we were in a bit of a hurry this year, so we didn't get lunch there. Our trip home always always always includes several funny faces.

Pumpkin Day is always when I feel like it is really fall. Sure I basically think fall starts on August 1st, but Pumpkin Day really is fall. The weather, the colors, the pumpkins, it just screams fall. I've already started planning our Pumpkin Day next year,





Do you have any fall traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...