Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What Happens When You Take Time Off From Social Media.

So apparently I took some time away from this blog, and social media in general. Sure I posted a few weekend recaps, and I have posted a few instgrams, along with a few tweets, but for the most part, I really really really took some time off. You know what? It. Was. Fantastic. While I love this little blog, I felt so amazing not stressing on making sure a post was up. And trust me, I know that doesn't do to good for those sponsorships I had running in blogland. For me though, it was basically life changing.

In a world where social media is king, signing off Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Blogger is almost unheard of. But I had some serious will power, and I did it. Having pictures on my phone that haven't been shared with the world, well that is something I am proud of. While I love sharing my life, but sometimes you just want to have private memories. So for the past few weeks, I have sat down the iPhone, iPad, and laptop and just lived in the moment.

Over the past few weeks, I have been enjoying my life with my husband. We have explored our city and found new places we love. I have enjoyed time with family. I got to have lunch/dinner with my in-laws several times, I got to kayak and fish and not be worried about who posted what. I got to enjoy my nephew's birthday, and my step-dad's surprise (though way late) birthday party. I got to spend time with those I love. My time was not interrupted by a notification that I got a like or comment because I kept my phone on silent, and in my purse.

My life was quiet, with to me sounds great. I really took the time to reevaluate my life and my priorities. Trust me, it wasn't easy, but it was a lesson I needed to learn. Now that I have my priorities in the right order, I am ready to be back at this whole blogging thing. I'm not going to jump in head first, but I am going to slowly get back into it.

Just a suggestion to those fellow social media addicts, take a little time off. Trust me, it allows you to see the world in a whole new way, and it allows you to really take a look at your life. It pays off.

1 comment:

  1. I love social media but I also love stepping away sometimes. It does wonders for the soul
    Glad you enjoyed your break!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...