Wednesday, August 13, 2014

That Weekend Where I Woke Up At 4:15 AM

I've had this post just hanging out since Sunday evening. I just haven't been motivated enough to log into blogger and write. I think you will understand by the end of this post. Shall we talk about this past weekend?

Friday night was a great night. we realized at home and had Chili's. Not the healthiest choice, but a good one in my book. Add in the fact that I was using my IWYP koozie and you have a real winner! 


Saturday is for the farmer's market, grocery shopping, and flower buying. We did all three. 


Saturday also meant we had to go downtown for C to pick up his race packet. He decided months ago to run the Sports Barn Triathlon Sprint, and Saturday we made the journey downtown. We also learned that they are having a SUP class for the next few weeks and I am really hoping that we can get in a class. 


I should also mention that we bought a kayak. We have wanted a kayak for a while now, and we finally got one. C named her Blue Moon. I don't get it either. 


We bought the kayak, then went straight to the lake. In our excitement, we didn't even care that it was raining. 



When we got home, we had to go to the store to get stuff for dinner because we changed our mind on what we wanted at the last minute. And much to C's surprise, almost immediately after we got home, his parents knocked on the door. I had been planning on C's family coming up for a while, and to celebrate his birthday. Plans fell though, and not everyone was able to attend, but his parents showed up and brought an ice cream cake. 





He was completely shocked and excited that they would be there for his triathlon in the morning. Speaking of morning. I was woken up at 4:15 am to drop C off at 4:30 am. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a morning person at all. I wasn't in the best mood, and even ended up going 30 minutes out of my way to get home because I forgot where I was going. 



After I finally made it home and went back to sleep, it was once again time to get up to go support that wonderful husband of mine. We were standing at transition 2. When C came in on the bike, he said he didn't see us and was pretty bummed, but when he came out for the run, he finally saw us and the smile on his face told us he was a happy man. Too bad I couldn't get my camera to work fast enough. 









After we finally got back from downtown, we headed out to the lake again to kayak some more. The in-laws brought up their kayak, so we were finally able to kayak together. It was a blast and the chance of bad weather didn't deter us at all. 






Our weekend ended at the Tupelo Honey Cafe' and I must say it was a great way to end the weekend.


Our week so far has consisted of taking a rest day, and spending hours kayaking. In fact, the rest of the week is going to be spent on the water if I have anything to say about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Except for waking up at 4:15. yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a busy but super fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...