Friday, August 1, 2014

1 Month : Progress Report

It has been one month. One month since I weighed in and measured myself for the start of my healthy journey. I've attempted getting healthy in the past, and well, I have failed miserably. I'll be honest, I have never gotten as far as I have this time. I'm not sure what it is, but something is different. So here goes.


7/2/2014
Weight : 222.2 lbs
BMI : 34.8
R Arm : 15.25 in
R Forearm : 11 in (7/18/14)
R Wrist : 6.75 in (7/18/14)
Chest : 45.5 in
Waist : 42.75 in
Hips : 47.75 in
R Thigh : 26.75 in
R Calf : 17 in

7/31/2014
Weight : 219.8 lbs
BMI : 34.4
R Arm : 14 in
R Forearm : 11 in
R Wrist : 6.75 in
Chest : 43 in
Waist : 38.5 in
Hips : 45.5 in
R Thigh : 25 in
R Calf : 17 in

Total Lost
Weight : 2.4 lbs
BMI : 0.4
R Arm : 1.25 in
R Forearm : 0 in
R Wrist : 0 in
Chest : 2.5 in
Waist : 4.25 in
Hips : 2.25 in
R Thigh : 1.75 in
R Calf : 0 in
Total Inches : 12!

While I have not lost a lot of weight, I have lost a lot of inches in my opinion. When I was a member of a gym and was working out with a personal trainer, I didn't see these results after 2 months. Sure my weight had dropped a little more, but the inches held on for deal life.

My workouts now include a large variety of things. We are slowly doing the 30 Day Shred (once I can get up in enough time, this will be my morning workout), P90X (we are doing the lean program, but we don't stick to doing it every day), works outs I have found through Pinterest or GlistenFit, and now we have added Crossfit. I was doing crossfit style workouts a while back, but I really love them now. I PR'd my dead lift, and now I am stuck at that weight until we get more weights.

My eating has been decent. There is room for improvement for sure. I know I am not eating enough. I'll occasionally grab fast food when I forget to bring my lunch to work, and we eat out from time to time which is usually not healthy. I no longer drink soda, and I usually stick to water, almond milk, Simply Lemonade (any flavor), and some other organic juices. We eat as much fresh local produce as possible. We love the farmer's market just down the street from us that is open on Saturday. I think we are going to start buying eggs there as well. We pretty much cut out quite a bit of bread, pasta and rice. We still will eat it from time to time, but we stick to whole wheat bread, brown rice, and whole wheat, spinach, or organic pasta. We love lean meats, and lots of veggies. Smoothies are our favorite on the go breakfast. During the work week, you can find us snacking on pecans, cashews, Craisins, Annie's organic fruit bunnies, Boom. Chicka. Pop. organic popcorn, Kind bars, Quest bars, fresh fruit, or the Simply Balanced fruit strips/ropes. Now to just actually get myself to eat enough and I will be in good shape.

I am so proud of the progress I have made, and I am even more proud of the fact that C and I are doing this together. I can't wait to see what month 2 brings.

Goals For August :
Teach myself to wake up earlier so I can work out before work out
Eat breakfast
Walk/jog 3 times a week
Start learning how to do a pull up
Lose 4 more inches overall
Clean & Jerk - 75 lbs
Back Squat - 75 lbs

What are some of your favorite workouts?
Are you on a healthy journey? I'd love to hear about it. 
Do you have any healthy goals set for August?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cait! I came across your blog from Simply Clarke! I have just started crossfit as well and am loving it! I know it is not August but my goals for October are too get more toned, more muscle and lose 10 pounds! I think my workouts with crossfit combined with my AdvoCare products I can achieve them! Good luck on your fitness journey and I cant wait to read more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...