Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Our "Last" Weekend of Summer

I believe everyone knows by now that I really don't like summer. So while this past weekend was not officially the last weekend of summer, I consider it to be our last weekend of summer. August 1st brings along autumn in my mind. Sure the temperature is still crazy hot, but August brings football Georgia Bulldogs season, and that is enough for me to say it is autumn. So how did we spend our "last" weekend of summer? We enjoyed it! 

Friday we relaxed. We relaxed so much that we didn't even work out, and trust me, that was horrible. I felt so bad for not working out, but I made up for it. Saturday we started the day off with smoothies and getting our water heater replaced. It was long overdue and we are much happier people now. Since the Crossfit games we on, we watched those and that made us feel really out of shape. We also did a little working out before we started the evening. 



When Sunday rolled around, we got donuts, which wasn't the best idea, and we obviously had to hit up Starbucks. Good thing we did because I finally got my Tennessee mug from the You Are Here Collection. When we got back home, we got some things ready, and had a few friends over for a small cookout. Too bad it was way to hot to be outside. Sunday ended with a pretty tough Crossfit inspired workout, and watching the last events of the Crossfit Games.




We started the "last" week of summer off yesterday with yet another Crossfit inspired workout. It was tough, but I really love lifting weights. At the same time, I hate burpees. Doesn't everyone? This girl even rocked some shorts. Shocking, I know. Some of you may have seen this on Twitter already, but after our workout, I figured it was about time to face my fear. I've been so scared to add weight to my lifts because I am terrified of another back injury, but I felt pretty good, I know proper form, and my body was already warmed up, so I decided to try. On Sunday my max dead lift was 75 lbs. Even before my injury, I didn't want to get into heavy weights for fear of hurting myself. Last night, C loaded the bar with all the weight we had, which ended up being a total of 145 lbs with the bar and weights. He did a small workout with that. When he was finished is when I had talked myself into trying to up my dead lift. I am happy to report that I did in fact set a new PR! I was able to dead lift 145 lbs with no problem on the first try. I did 2 sets of 5 and was feeling great. But more on that a different day. 



We are spending out "last" week of summer enjoying the early morning temperature, and staying inside as much as possible later in the day! I hope y'all have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the total opposite, I love summer. I'm so sad to see August come. While I do love Fall so much, I hate and I stress hate winter!!! Fall signifies winter is right around the corner to me :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...