Friday, June 13, 2014

Weeks with date nights are my favorite.

I am so glad it is finally Friday. Yesterday felt like Monday, and that was not fun at all. This week has been about 7 kinds of crazy. Thankfully today is in fact Friday and not Tuesday. On to Five on Friday!

1. C and I hardly go on dates. We both know we need to, but we just have so much going on at home, so many things that need to be done before we have guests over for 4th of July. Our year has basically been working on the house to prepare for a party, and this month is no exception. However, this past week has been Riverbend, and well, we can't miss Riverbend. We took Wednesday off from working around the house. We went out to grab a quick bite it eat, then off to downtown. Boston was playing Wednesday, and it was crowded. We got a pretty good spot to stand and watch, but as the night went on, more and more people started to crowd around us, and I am not good in crowds. At one point, I had beer spilt on me, and a guy kept coughing on me. Needless to say, I didn't want our date to end with C bailing me out of jail, so we called it a night a little early.


2. Speaking of summer, summer is officially here, and I don't like it. Summer brings summer storms, and we have had storms for the past week, and I am not talking about small storms, these are huge storms with dark skies, lots of lightening, and loud thunder that last for what feels like forever. When driving the visibility is really low and no one can drive. I would just assume live at work if it meant that I didn't have to drive through these summer storms.


3. It is Father's Day weekend. I hope my gift guide helped anyone who needed a hand in picking something to get dad. We have a full weekend planned. We have 3 amazing men to go visit this weekend, and I am sure it will be nothing short of fun!

4. I feel like I am the last person to jump on the Orange is the New Black train. I started watching it this week, and I ended up binge watching it. I'm still on season 1, but I'll be moving to season 2 soon. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it is pretty good. I'm really surprised at Netflix. OITNB and House of Cards are both pretty good. Well done Netflix, well done. 



5. I get to workout again! I've been seeing a chiropractor for about 2.5 months now for a back injury I ended up with. He has moved me to seeing a physical therapist 2 times a week, and it is more like a training session. I always leave covered in sweat and my muscles always feel amazing. I haven't been doing any lifting, but I am slowly getting back into working out at home now. I did the 30 day shred last night, and I plan to again tonight before I head to GA for the weekend. I am so grateful to be working out again! I'm hoping that our deck gets finished soon so we can clean out the garage and I can get back to lifting. My goal is to get to a 115 lb back squat again by the time I go on the cruise, and I would love to hit about 80 lbs or more for several other lifts. But I have to start out slow. I don't want another injury! 

Happy weekend guys!

Linking up for 5 on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...