Monday, June 9, 2014

The best weekends start with donuts and end with a magarita.

Apparently I missed National Donut Day on Friday. Donuts are my favorite food ever. Add sprinkles on a donut, and I am in heaven, but I gave up donuts about 3 months ago. Hardest decision I have had to make in a while. Thankfully though, C was more than willing to partake in day late celebration of National Donut Day, so Saturday morning we got up and headed straight for donuts. Best donut I have ever had, though that might just be because it has been so long since I had actually had a donut.


Then grocery shopping was next on our Saturday errands. Once again, C surprised me by buying me flowers. I'm beginning to think that he buys me flowers based on what season it is. These just scream tropical vacation to me! 


We then worked all Saturday and Sunday on the back deck. And I am pleased to say that we can now actually sit on our back deck and not have to worry about tools and screws being all over the place. 


We even found the perfect place to hang the hammocks. And of course I took full advantage of that. 




We took the easy route and made some temporary seating out of cement blocks and landscaping timbers. Turns out we like the look of them and we will probably make them a more permanent seating option.


We still have a long way to go, and lots more deck to lay down before we are done, but here is a look at our new favorite "room" in the house. 



And to end this weekend full of hard work, I treated myself to a magarita. Trust me it was well deserved.


I cannot wait to show off the finished back yard. I hope y'all had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...