Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Summertime Favorites

By now it should come as no surprise that I don't like summer. Call me crazy, but I just can't stand the heat, or the bugs.I'm just a colder weather kinda girl, but that doesn't stop Mother Nature from bring summer back every year. So unfortunately, I have to deal with the 5 months of summer that we seem to get every year. How do I survive summer? Easy, I keep some of my favorite things around me.


We are currently rebuilding our back deck so that we can spend a lot of time outside. That means summer heat, and the bright sun. But it also means evenings spent by the fire pit. We have made wine bottle tiki torches to help fight off the bugs, and we have fans to help some with the summer heat, but I have a few favorite things to help make the summer easier to handle. 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

Water bottles that stay cold and classic sunnies are with me all summer. Summer also calls for a cute bright summer nail polish color. I love this bright pink/orange color. The summer heat always gets to me, so I hardly wear make up unless I have to. I have these face wipes stashed all over. I have them in different places at home, in the car, at work, in my purse, and in my workout bag. Throughout the day, if I feel like my face is getting icky, I just grab one of these and I am good to go. My hair is almost always up as well, and to keep my hair in place, I use the VSX headbands. They comes in some seriously cute colors and prints. Plus when I wear them to work out, they stay in place. 

Have you guys seen these marshmallows? One thing I love to do is make s'mores. I'll make them any time of year, and since we have been working so hard on the back deck, we know that we will spend so much time out there in the evenings, so I always have these in the pantry along with graham crackers and chocolate bars. I'd love to have a s'mores bar sometime this year. 

I'm hoping this summer flies by so we can get into fall. I am already dreaming of falling leaves, sweaters, pumpkins and boots. 



1 comment:

  1. You sound like my boyfriend, haha. He hates summer too and much prefers cold weather! I just can't stand the humidity because my hair frizzes up to the moon and my makeup melts off!

    Came over from the Blog Hop and I'm following now! :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...