Monday, June 2, 2014

How is it June?

It is already June...When did that happen? How did that happen. There is no way that 2014 should be almost to the half way mark! I can't believe how fast the year is flying by. I feel like it was just February and we were getting a snow storm. I don't want to accept it, but I know I have to. After all, summer time in Chattanooga will officially start Friday with the kick off night of Riverbend. That means we are that much closer to fall, and our anniversary cruise! This girl needs a few days on a big cruise ship where the only thing I have to think about is what swim suit I want to wear or what flavor daiquiri I want this time. Moving on. This past weekend was spent doing what we have been doing for what seems like forever, working on the deck! Friday night, and Saturday morning/afternoon was spent doing everything we could to get the deck that much closer to being finished. It didn't look like we got much done, but I promise we did. We had some foundation issues we had to address which caused most of our working days to be spent digging holes. Builds character right? 

Saturday evening, we got to take a short break and spend the evening with some friends. It was a nice break to the constant working we had been doing. Obviously my selfie skills were put to use this weekended. And obviously my iPhone still sucks at taking picture. 


Sunday morning, we got up and went to church in our pajamas. We have been watching church online. We were happy with where we were at before, but we feel like it is time for a change. So we went to church, and then we worked some more. We took a break and went to Home Depot for decking. Home Depot is not the place I want to be right now because I am in house updating mode, so I could spend hours just walking around planning. And it just so happened that while we were at Home Depot, I got a drill. Not that I have any clue how to use it, but at least I have one. 


Now, after another full weekend of working, we officially have a little decking up. FINALLY! It is only going to get better from here. Hopefully next weekend we will have a ton more done! I hope y'all had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...