Tuesday, June 3, 2014

[How To] Baby Shower Gift Idea

A few weekends ago, I was honored to be invited to a very dear friend's baby shower. Jessica and I go way back, like I don't even remember. She has been in my life as long as I can actually remember. She was my childhood best friend and I am so glad we have stayed friends.

Anyway, I was really torn on what to get for her baby boy. Obviously clothes are my usual go to. I can't ignore cute baby clothes. I knew that she had tons of clothes though, so I wanted to do something different. What does any girl do when she needs a gift idea? Pinterest of course. I came across this pin, and I decided it was the gift I wanted to do.



Meredith over at UnOrigional Mom does a fantastic job with this divider. I read her post and decided this was the best gift ever, so I just had to share how mine went with you guys.  It is such a cute idea. I picked up the expandable folder and tabbed folders at Target.


I decided to hand write instead of using labels, though now I wish I would have used labels. All I did was pick categories, write them, and BAM! Gift made. It took less than 10 minutes. I used the same categories as Meredith. They are :


  • Birth Certificate & Social Security Card
  • Keepsakes
  • Milestones
  • Pediatrician Visits
  • Immunization Records
  • Other Health Records
  • Insurance Paperwork
  • Receipts/Warranties
  • Manuals
  • Nursing or Feeding Info
  • Parenting Articles & Pamphlets
  • Miscellaneous


  • Now, I wasn't happy with just giving her that, so she got a cute  Mustache Warmer, some wax to go with it, the Boon Grass and Boon Stem, along with a few clothes and a towel for the little man.



    I hope this will come in handy like I think it will when you are in need of an useful and unique baby shower gift. This is now my go to baby shower gift. It may not be the cutest, but I feel like it is practical and it will get tons of use. It would be so easy to personalize this as well. Take some paint pens to the from of the expandable file folder and you can write the baby's name one it. It would be perfect for any mom.

    Again, special thanks to Meredith for the awesome idea and tutorial!

    Happy Tuesday! Here is to hoping this week flies by.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...