Tuesday, June 24, 2014

2014 Resolutions : 6 Month Check In

Can anyone else believe that 2014 is half way over? I swear it feels like it was snowing yesterday. No, that is not true because I can feel the sunburn on my shoulders. It feels like it was snowing about a month ago. That is more like it. 2014 is in fact basically half way over, and much to my dismay, it is flying by. I feel like we should just be entering spring. I've shared how I am doing with my resolutions, and now it is time for the 6 month update. 

1. Go to church more and grow closer to God. : C and I slacked on our church going. Most of that was my fault because I had some serious frustrations I had to get over. It is really important for C and I to get back into church and to grow in our own individual relationships with God as well as our marriage relationship with God. 

Now : We have been pretty successful in going to church for the past few months. And by going to church, I mean going online. The church we are attending online is North Point. They have a campus here in Chattanooga that we are planning on attending very soon. We love to listen to Andy Stanley, and so we are hoping that when we visit the Chattanooga campus that it will feel right for us. 

2. Make my marriage a priority : C and I struggled quite a bit in our relationship this past year. We has some really really really big storms come through our life and we are still working on getting back on track. So it is important to me to make my marriage more of a priority. 

Now : This is still going well. This year has been the best as far as our marriage goes. We haven't had any fights, and hardly any arguments. We have learned so much about each other and we are growing together which I believe allows us to have so few arguments. 

3. Take more pride in myself. : I am lumping all it in one here. I want to get back to eating healthy, exercising more, actually taking the 30 minutes it takes me to get ready instead of sleeping those extra few minutes. 

Now : I had a back injury which stopped me from working out, but I am back at it again, though I am still known for sleeping until the last second. I really need to get better about that. 

4. Read 100 books. : They can be books I have already read, or new ones, but I want to read more instead of being on social media or in front of the TV.

Now : Unless I crack down, I doubt I will get this done. Blogs should count as books. 

5. Simplify my life. : We have so much crap that C and I have just gathered over the past 4 years, and we started the process of getting rid of it all in December, but it has carried over to 2014. We are going to get rid of the crap and stop buying things we don't need. 

6. This resolution included talking about a little bit of our financials, and I have decided to remove this from my blog for now. 

Now : I've decided not to share this on my blog anymore. 

7. Learn a new skill. : Last year, C and I bought a bow and some arrows and we used it once. I've been talking about learning a new skill for a while, and I really want to do that this year. It can be learning how to use a bow and arrow, or it can be a new language. I simply want to learn something that no one can take away from me. 

Now : Well, I picked up a bow and arrow again, but that didn't last long. I started to learn French, but I have slacked. I can say that I know how to build a deck now. Does that count as a new skill?

8. Get more organized. : After such a hectic past 6 months, I am in some serious need of getting organized. I had such a hard time finding what I needed the last few months, and I don't want that to happen again! 

Now : I'm somewhat organized. I still have a long way to go. We have a lot of things we are needing to go through to get rid of, so hopefully by the end of the year, I will be pretty well organized. I did make a blog binder to help organize my thoughts, future posts, and ideas. Would you believe me if I said I had every post written down in my binder that I plan on posting between now and August? Well you should because I do.  

9. Become more self sufficient. : C and I talked quite a bit about this, we both agree we want to become more self sufficient. We plan on starting a garden, and actually growing something, along with making our own mixes (cake, seasonings, etc), breads, sauces, etc.

Now : We have a garden and I must say that I love fresh veggies so much more than ones from the store. We have also made our own taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, chocolate syrup, brownie mix, and a few other things here and there.

10. No buying clothes/shoes/jewelry for an entire year. : I saw another blogger do this last year, and I am vowing to do it thins year. I spent so much on clothes, and i go so many clothes for Christmas, and I don't wear half of them. So I am challenging myself to no buy any of it all year. Obviously with working on getting healthy, some weight will be lost, and I might HAVE to buy some clothes because I will need stuff that will fit, but I have saved some gift cards to use, and so I plan on using those for that. I am really going to try and not spend anything other than gift cards on clothes, and that is only when I have no other choice.

Now : Other than a few things for work that I needed, I have only used gift cards or store credits to buy clothes, and then they are only things I actually need. I haven't bought anything that was just a want. I am really proud of myself for that. Though I might try and convince C that a new dress for our anniversary is a need instead of a want. I'm not sure if it will work though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...