Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend and Lots of Deck Building

First off, I would like to say thank you to all of those who gave their life for our country. I am forever grateful for those who gave their life. And a special thank you to those families who have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you, especially today on Memorial Day. 

Photo/caption seems to be the best way to recap a weekend. Our weekend started off by continuing our ongoing deck remodeling process. I feel like this is taking forever.  We started on this project I don't even remember how long ago. It is just taking forever. Getting the old deck up was the worst part. But when we finally got it all down, we realized we had to replace some supports, and we had some issues with some areas around the house that had to be taken care of. After that was all taken care of, the task of expanding the deck came next. But not before a quick baby shower break. *More on that in a few weeks.* Obviously selfies had to happen. 



Sunday morning, we ended up running a little late for church, so we streamed a service online from North Point Church in ATL, with Andy Stanley. We have head some of his stuff before and really enjoyed it, so that was our pick on Sunday morning. After that, it was back to work on the never ending deck. But once again, selfies were involved. Funny faces are my favorite. 


While C worked on the deck, I put my new green thumb to use and planted some flowers. Last year I killed every plant I touched, but this year, I seem to be doing pretty well with keeping things alive. 


C's parents came up Sunday to stay the night, and help with the deck. The amount of work that they put into it in just a matter of hours was amazing. The deck project that seemed to be taking forever, started to move a little faster. 


This morning, we woke up, C and his dad went for a run, then it was back to working on the deck. Obviously building a deck is seriously hard work.


All was smooth sailing until we tried to figure out what we were actually planning on doing with the deck. Once we figure that out, all went well, until the sudden downpour. Luickly, we got a ton done. I am so excited that we are getting this done so much faster now. Thankfully, C's dad is going to come back and help. I am happy to say that our deck is now 700 square feet. 700 square feet of pure awesome (almost awesome) outdoor living space. I am really looking foward to having this done. 


I don't eant to go back to work tomorrow, but luckily tomorrow is Tuesday, so that means a short week for me! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...