Tuesday, May 20, 2014

25.

It occurred to me this morning that I am about 4 months from turning 25. How in the...? I know I shouldn't take this upcoming birthday very hard, but I am. Call it a mid-mid-life crisis if you will, though I am not suggesting I will live to be 100 either. By now, I expected to be graduated from college, married, and trying to start a family to name a few things. I had hoped to have learned a new language, traveled to far away places, picked up ballroom dancing as a hobby, and purchased a home.

Obviously, I am married, and I have traveled to the Caribbean, which for me is far enough away to count. I didn't graduate college. We aren't trying to start a family. I can only speak English and I am a horrible dancer. When it comes to a home, we basically own the home we are currently living in, but we are still renting it. Though it looks like buying it might be in the near future.

I am lucky enough to say that I have done several things I didn't think I would by this age. I have a career I love. I am living in my hometown again, which I never thought would happen. We paid cash for our vehicles. For me, those things are a pretty big deal. They are things that I never thought I would do in my entire life. I always thought I would settle on just a job. I never thought I would be in Chatty again. I certainly never thought I would have paid cash for one car, much less 2.

So since this birthday coming up is hitting me so hard, I decided that I am going to make a list of things to do by my birthday! Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. These look like some great goals! I can't get over the fact that I will be 25 on my next birthday. That just sounds so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the blog hop. I love your list! I think it's so much fun to have these goals to aspire to whether you hit them all or not. I made a huge list of 25 things to do before 25 and barely got halfway through (I still have a month left, but most of these things aren't happening!), but those experiences were fantastic. Hope to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the blog hop! I love your list. I tried commenting once before but blogger gave me an error, so sorry if you get this twice :-)
    I think these goals are great because they give you such a fun journey while you're completing them. Even if the list doesn't get finished there's so much more you've done because you set the goals! I know I'm not where I thought I'd be coming up on my 25th (next month) either, but I also love how positive you are in reflecting on the good things of where you are. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visited from the Let's Be Friends Blog hop! I think these goals are fantastic! It's great to have goals in mind so you have plans for the future! Good luck on them!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...