Monday, April 14, 2014

Oh hey! Remember me?

Remember me? The writer of this little ol' blog? Yeah I took an unexpected blogging break. I hurt my back 3 weeks ago, and it finally caught up to me. I've been to get x-rays and I've been to the chiropractor. I'm hoping that this problem is fixed soon so I can get back into working out.

This weekend, C and I made a last minute decision to go to NC to visit my mom. She travels for her job, and when she called me on Friday night, I could just tell she was feeling a little sad and needed a pick me up. So I asked C if he wanted to go. He said sure. We started packing around 7:30 pm. After packing and errands we finally left Chattanooga around 9 pm. Several hours and cat naps later, we arrived at 4 am where I proceeded to call my mother and get her rather annoyed at me just to tell her we were in the lobby. Saturday when we woke up...just 4 hours later...we headed off to get breakfast, but not before a quick selfie in the mirror.

With this job, my mom didn't get a rental car, so she had been stuck in the hotel whenever she wasn't at work. After breakfast, we spent the rest of the day doing some shopping. We went to some outlet malls where I failed miserably at keeping my resolution of not buying clothes. The day went buy way faster than I would have liked, but we got to stop and enjoy a good laugh every now and then. 


After lunch and dinner out, we finally headed back to the hotel where my mom decided to paint my toe nails for me. The pollen outside confirmed that it was in fact spring, but this color on my toes made it feel like spring. 

Sunday morning was spent taking selfies, eating donuts, driving through clouds of pollen, and enjoying each others company knowing that C and I were leaving in just a few short hours. 


Before we left, we did some last minute shopping, and I finally got to eat at Chipolte. Holy yummy. How does Chattanooga not have one of these yet!! I am in so much trouble if we ever get one! Those chips were to die for! 

The drive home wasn't too bad. We were actually still wide awake when we got home when meant I could unpack. I got to hang up all my new purchases. But in my defense, I had no spring/summer clothes that were okay to wear to work, so I really needed to pick up a few things. Only the Anchor shirt below isn't for work. Everything in this picture though was less than $50 though, and that navy and white polka dot dress and necklace are actually going in my Easter basket. This is only about 1/2 of what I bought though. I don't think I spent more than about $100 on me though, so I don't feel like I broke my resolution too bad considering all but 1 shirt was actually a need. 

I hope y'all had a great weekend!!


Linking up for MMG

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...