Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Favorite Fitness Gear - The Gear


After talking about my favorite basic apparel, cold weather favorites, and hot temp favorites it was about time I told y'all about my favorite gear. So here ya go!


KT Tape : I've talked about this tape before, but I just have to mention it again. I first started using it for my knee, but after some research, I have used it for my shoulder along with even taping my hands for better support when weight lifting. I can't say enough good things about this tape! If you have ever been on the fence about trying it, please please please do. You won't be sorry. 


Polar FT4 : I wanted one of these for over a year now, but I finally broke down and got one. I am so glad I did. I love seeing the calories I burn while in the middle or a workout. I set a goal for each workout. When I am close to the end of my workout session and I see that I am a few calories short, this gives me the extra push I need to burn those extra calories. The chest strap took a few times to get comfortable, but now, I don't even notice it.


C25K App : I am not a runner, well not a serious runner anyway. I despise cardio, so I avoid it as much as possible. When I catch the cardio bug, this is my go to app. It helps me get back into jogging without killing myself. Plus it is great for when I am training for a 5K, obviously.

Yurbuds Ironman Armband : Music is the only way I can get through a workout if I am working out alone. If I am working out in my garage gym, I just use a speaker for my phone, but when I am not around the house, I have to stick with headphones. I've tried different arm bands for my phone, but this one is my favorite. It is really comfortable and doesn't slide like some of the others I tried.


Yoga Ball : Yoga balls are the greatest. I use them all the time. We even have one here at work. (It is flat, but hey, at least there is actually one here.)I love doing workouts with a yoga ball for several different reasons. Best thing to do with a yoga ball though, is to sit on it while watching TV. I've learned it helps keep my core engaged, thus making me workout sorta while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...