Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fitness Favorites : Garage Gym


C and I decided last year that the gym wasn't for us. We had been going to the gym for several months, and we both agreed that we would much rather workout at home. The money we were spending on the gym could be used to buy stuff for working out at home. And it did. After a few rough patches in life, I am getting back into working out. I am so glad we made the decision to start building our garage gym when we did. So here are a few things we feel are must haves in our garage gym. 

 

His and hers lifting bars. (Check out a my review of the Bella Bar) And since we have bars, storage is a must. Also, since we have bars, weights are a pretty good idea. We bought each other the bars for Christmas, and I have to say that I think they are our most favorite purchase. I love that we both have our own bar so that we aren't waiting on each other. 


Obviously when we work out, music is key. I don't know about you, but I get a much better workout when my favorite songs are playing. We got this iLive Bluetooth Tower for Christmas, and it is great! Not only does it not take up a lot of space, but it is bluetooth which makes everything better. My workout playlist on my phone will play though the iLive with some seriously great sound.


I am a firm believer that a bosu is in fact the devil. I hate hate hate using a bosu. But the workout is fantastic. Everytime I use the bosu, I always threaten to stab it with a knife after my workout because it sucks so much, but I never do because I always feel fantastic. It is my most favorite, most hated peice of equipment we have.

Some other items we have are medicine ballsresistance bandshand weightsjump ropes, and chalkboards. We bought some of the pre-made chalkboard from Home Depot, and we hung it on the wall for us to write our workouts on, though I just mostly draw on it. Our garage gym is always growing. We are constantly finding new things to add to our equipment list.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...