Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our Love Story - The Proposal

Wanna catch up? Read The Beginning and Second Chances.

I officially became C's girlfriend on 6-3-09.
I officially became his fiancee on 8-31-09.

We had a short courtship. That is no secret. Here is the proposal from my point of view.

Monday, August 31, 2009, C asked me to see if my dad wanted to have dinner together. I was oblivious to what was really going on, so I called up my dad and he said sure. We met and had dinner. As we left, C seemed more hyper than usual. On the way home, he stopped to make a phone call. Our plans were to go straight home, but we took a detour to downtown where we spent a lot of nights in the few months we had been dating. When we pulled up, I expected to head over to the radio station and just dance and laugh like we usually do, but something was different. He seemed more on edge. I decided he had way too much sugar or caffeine, and just brushed it off. As we were walking around, a mutual friend appeared. She was one who was known to take pictures, so her there with her camera was not a shock to me.

C and I started dancing. The next thing I know, He was on one knee.


He asked, "Caitlin, will you marry me?" My response, "Are you sick?" Romantic right? He of course said no and asked again. My response this time was much better. I smiled and said "Yes!" 


I couldn't get over the complete shock of it all. I hadn't expected it at all. I was overwhelmed with joy and love. I am so thankful that C had called and asked someone to be there to photograph him proposing. After the fact, he told me he had called and begged her to be there because he knew how much pictures meant to me. 


This picture I will forever cherish.


Look for his view of the proposal next week! 

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I love surprise proposals. You don't hear about them much anymore. Usually the girl knows exactly what's coming! P.S. I love your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was the sweetest thing he has ever done. I love that I was surprised.

      Delete
  2. Loooove this!!! And that is so cool he had someone there to take pictures! Those pictures will be something to cherish forever. Your smile is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knew me so well from early on. Pictures have always been important to me. I still can't believe I caught on.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...