Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Funday!

This weekend was great! And it went by super slow, so I am actually okay with the fact that it is Monday. Shocking, I know. Friday I got off work early, so I headed home to finish cleaning for a party we had planned for Saturday morning. That is why I was so absent on the blog this week. We didn't go to bed until after midnight every night last week.

Saturday we threw my dad a surprise birthday party at our house. We decided a month ago to plan this, and it was a success. We decided on a waffle bar with navy/silver as the colors. I took pictures with my actual camera, so a review of that is going to be coming soon! It was a huge success. After the party, we took my older sister and her husband to Costco. They have been throwing around the idea of getting a membership, so we let them try ours out to see if they want one. Spoiler Alert : They do. Saturday evening, my step brother and his girlfriend came over for burgers. We haven't seen them since Christmas, so it was really great to catch up with them. I was so thankful that I got to kick my feet up for the first time in a while.


Sunday, We slept in. It was glorious.  We couldn't figure out what to do, so we had breakfast in bed while watching Catching Fire. We finally decided to get out of the house, so we went out to lunch. I had promised C that I would take him out after the party was done with, and Penn Station was his pick. It was fantastic. Plus, I got to wear my wedding set I got for Christmas. Since we got our wedding date tattooed on our ring fingers, neither C or I wear our bands much, but I decided to wear it Sunday.


We ordered C a new wedding band about a month ago and it came in, so I was excited to get to pick it up. We walked around for quite a while without buying anything before heading over to the other side of town. I wanted to go to Ulta to get some of the NYM dry shampoo. They were out though, which sucked. So C told me he had a surprise for me, and that we needed to go to Hamilton Place. It wouldn't be a great weekend if a funny face wasn't made.


We walked though several stores before I decided to pick up some make up. We spent way too much time looking in Sephora, but in the end, I came out with some new favorite make up. Before we left though, we went to Build-A-Bear. I had told C back before we got married that I wanted him to build me a bear, and 4 years later, he did. It was the sweetest thing in the entire world. Meet Captain Awesome... Yeah, C named the monkey.  


Finally Sunday evening rolled around and we spent the evening just hanging out watching Revenge. Good news is our house is ready for when we throw another party. 

Hope y'all had a great weekend! 
Linking up for MMG

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! It seems like they always fly by but it's so nice when you actually get one that passes by slowly. And you were super productive, whew! I want to see a picture of your ring finger without your band on so I can see what the tattoo looks like :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...