Friday, February 7, 2014

Where I have been for the past week.

It is Friday already. AND it is February! How did that happen? Honestly, I thought this year was just slowing going by, but then I turn around and we are a week into the 2nd month. How?

I haven't been around much these past 2 weeks, and the reason is simple. I have been exausted. I took a little break that wasn't planned. At work, I am the only one in charge of end of year stuff, and so the first 3 or 4 months of the year are alsways stressful. Expecially the last week of January. So I have been exausted. Not to mention that C caught a cold this past weekend which he so kindly gave to me on Wednesday, so my evenings have consisted of getting home from work, eating dinner, then passing out by no later than 8 pm. And I sleep until at least 7 am. It is the only thing about this cold that I am loving.

Things around the Long house are changing. Obviously, getting healthy will always be something going on in our house, but beyond that, there are a lot of changes. We are working to get out of debt. We are also starting to prepare for the spring because this year, we plan to be sucessful with our garden unlike last year, but beyond that, there are some much bigger changes going on, though I can't spill the beans about any of that just yet. But those are all my plans, our plans. This morning as I was driving to work, as I crossed Soddy Lake, I saw this.


It reminded me that God has plans for me, for us. Plans that are much bigger and much better than the plans that we have for ourselves. After the horrible 3 weeks that I have had, that though is so refreshing. It brings me a new sense of happiness. 

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...