Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello 2014!!

Surprise Surprise! 2014 is here, and we are already 1/5 of the way through the first month! What? Somehow this year is already flying by! So I shared all of the pictures I have taken already for Christmas, and honestly New Year's was not any better. I think I took 1 all night. That is what I get for just laying around the house.

So just a quick recap on New Year's. I worked basically all day which was a complete bummer. Who wants to work that day? But I did work, and it wasn't actually that bad. Then commence the sheer panic of it being the last day of the year as I drove home. Somehow it hit me on the way home that 2013 is already over. All the resolutions I had set for 2013 were wasted because I certainly didn't complete any of them. I slacked quite a bit this year. Opps.

The rest of the evening was spent lounging on the couch and relaxing. I kissed the man of my dreams at midnight, then my old woman self rushed off to bed because it was about 3 hours past my bedtime and I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. I'm such a party animal!

We woke up the first day of 2014 and made the most random decision to go to Ikea. Our first ever trip to Ikea. Bad decision? Maybe. I got my much anticipated mirror, and ended up leaving with a few shelves, and night stand tables. Needless to say, I am ready to go back. I have a dining room table that is just calling my name.

While we were at Ikea, C finally talked me into something that I am pretty sure he never thought he would. C has been talking about buying land and building a small house on it so that we can live in it as we build our larger house. I was against it for the beginning because I did not want to live in a tiny house. However, walking through Ikea, I saw how they had complete homes set up with small amounts of square footage. Obviously, it looked bigger than it was because of the no ceiling thing, and because of the big open wall where people walked in and out, but I was completely on board after seeing it all. C was pleased with the lay out of several of the "homes" and was glad that I was on the same page as him finally.

The next several days were spent getting our Christmas decorations down, and getting our house back in some kind of order. We agreed that we were going to go through the house and finally get rid of the things we weren't using or hadn't used in the past 2 years. So that is what we are doing. It has been really refreshing to get a lot of the unused crap gone, and we are marking off something on our Resolution list. Win win.

All and all 2014 has been off to a pretty great start and I can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...