Thursday, January 23, 2014

Getting back in shape.

I sat down and looked through my phone the other day. When I went through all my old pictures, I came across pictures from back in 2011. I was simply shocked at how bad I looked. I was mad at myself for allowing me to get there, but I was also mad at C. He didn't ever tell me how bad I looked. He never told me anything. So I was upset because I felt like he hadn't been honest with me about how I looked.



Fast froward from 2011 to 2013, and in February I had joined a gym and was getting back in shape. I was doing it for me and no one else, so I was making serious progress. Then some things happened about 6 months later, and I can't explain it, but I just didn't feel like I was worth anything anymore. I didn't feel like I deserved to be healthy or happy. So I quit with my healthy lifestyle. Fast forward to now, and I am over the depression that hit, and I am ready to be happy and healthy again. I've got everything I need to get back in shape, and I am having the hardest time doing it. I can't seem to find time to workout. Eating healthy isn't a problem, but when pizza is so convenient, it makes it hard to want to cook.



Getting back in shape is not going to be easy for me. I will constantly struggle with my self image, but it is time I focus on getting healthy and happy with myself again. It is a new day! I decided yesterday that I was going to start getting back in shape for myself. When I got home from work, I put on my workout clothes, and I headed outside for a walk. I'm started the Couch to 5K again, and this time I am including not only myself, but my wonderful pup Chaco as well. I am making it a priority to walk her more often, so I am hoping that this keeps me accountable as well. I will also be making a workout book. I plan on taking a spiral bound notebook and filling it full of workouts so that way I have no excuse. All my workouts will be planned.



Healthy eating is a bit harder. I need quick easy meals to make. So I have scoured Pinterest and found a few things that I am just dying to try. I can't wait for spring to get here so C and I can plant a garden and have fresh food. Winter is always harder for me to eat healthy, because I love fresh produce and in the winter, it just doesn't taste as good. I have made progress as far as cooking with butter and salt. I don't usually use either. Before I loved both and cooked with both for every single meal. Now I only use them if a recipe calls for them, and then I usually half what it calls for. Now I just need to cut out the sweet tea and junk food.

Getting back in shape is going to be hard, but I know I can do it. Being held accountable, to me, is key. So I am going to find an accountability partner and get this thing going!


Linking up!

Fit + Fab

2 comments:

  1. I just heard about the Couch to 5K this week and thought it was the coolest thing! I even downloaded the app :)
    I'm excited to keep up with your progress. You've got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I lvoe that it keeps up with the progess. I know I would never be able to without that app!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...