Monday, December 23, 2013

We do Christmas Early in this house!

It should be no surprise by now that I love Christmas. And because I love Christmas, I make sure things are extra festive around here. Friday night, I made hot chocolate complete with peppermint marshmallows, and a snowflake mug. It screamed Christmas.


C might kill me for putting this picture up, but oh well. We opened on gift on Friday night.C hates getting clothes, so I let him open a box filled with flannel and jeans. I wanted to get the disappointment out of the way early. And it surprised me when he actually liked it. Go figure. 


Saturday morning, we got up, I finished wrapping his gifts, and then when he got up, I decided to let him open another box because, well it had clothes in it as well. And again, he loved it. Men. But opening one, meant that it was just down hill from there. Last year, we opened gifts the Saturday before as well because we just didn't have time between then and Christmas day, and we had so much going on Christmas day that we knew we wouldn't have time. So this year, it turns out that we had to do the exact same thing. And it tuned out to be a great decision because we got to spend the entire day using our new gifts. If you follow me on Instagram (@_caitlong), then you amy have already seen this.


C and I apparently think alike. I got C the Rogue bar, and he got me the Bella bar. It turned out to be my second favorite gift. We enjoyed the afternoon together, then spent the evening with my dad and family for 1/2 our Christmas there. All in all it was a great weekend. In fact I am pretty bummed about having to go to work in the morning. Anyone else?

I hope you all have a great fun festive filled week! And Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...