Thursday, December 5, 2013

Moving forward, not going backwards.

Y'all remember Valentine's Day? Yeah, I do too. I remember the passion I had for losing weight. I had hit rock bottom, and that changed everything for me. I was well on my way to losing weight. I knew that the actual number didn't matter, and I knew that all I wanted was to be healthy. So I stuck to it. And I lost quite a bit of weight. I lost inches, and I was feeling great about myself. I stuck with it through July going at least 3 times a week, and usually doing a lot more on my own at home.

Then I added up the cost. 6 months = $6,000. Between a gym membership and personal training, I was seriously spending way too much money. Sure you can't put a price on your health, but I firmly believe that you do not have to spend a thousand dollars a month to get healthy. So I ended that. No more gym, no more training.

And I still worked out at home. I maintained the inches I lost, but not the weight. Because I was limited as far as equipment goes, I didn't get to continue the strength training that I wanted to. So my weight inched back up. And I got comfortable. I had lost a pants size and shirt size, and I am still wearing the smaller size. But I got comfortable again. I know that being healthy is going to be a life long battle with me, but it is one I am willing to fight. I may take a season off, but I will always get back to it. That is why I am here.

Starting today, my blogging schedule is changing. Usually I post my Love Lists on Thursday, but I am moving that to Friday, and I am not using Thursday as my Fitness posts. I'll post workouts, recipes, weigh ins, motivational quotes, along with other tips and tricks that work for me. I am in no way an expert, and I don't claim to be. I am just simply going to post what is helping me in hopes that it helps someone else. What I do may not work for everyone.

That being said.

Hi, I'm Cait. I weigh 210 lbs. I wear a size 14 in jeans/pants and a large in most all shirts. (There are a  few extra large shirts that I still wear.) I have a desk job where I sit all day. I do not have a gym membership, but I have access to several tracks, trails, and other equipment (treadmill, 2,4,10,25 lb dumb bells, jump ropes, 6 and 8 lb medicine balls, gymnastics rings, yoga ball, OLY bar, 10(2), and 15(2) plates for the bar, yoga mats, a balance board, along with a few other items.) I know how to preform several body weight exercises, and I know how to write my own workout.

My goal is not to be a size 0. My goal is not a number weight. All I am focusing on is getting healthy. I want to be strong and beautiful. I am not focusing on a size for my clothes. All I am focusing on is being healthy. I am not setting goals for myself that are weight or inches related, but instead performance related.

I am not looking at this move as starting over. I am not where I was 10 months ago, I am further along than that. I am looking at this move as a move forward. I am setting my goals, and I plan to achieve them. I don't expect instant changes. I know it will take time. I know that It won't happen over night. I know that I am going to need to work for it, and I plan on it.

I am going to keep myself accountable by posting on this blog. I hope that those of you who read my blog will help hold me accountable too. If anyone else is working towards getting healthy and needs motivation or accountability, please let me know. We can help hold each other accountable. Just let me know!

This time of year is a hard time to focus on getting healthy because of all the goodies that people will be making, and I plan on enjoying a few of them, but I know to keep things in moderation. Healthy eating is going to be my toughest hurdle. I love food, so I am going to have to find some great healthy food to eat. If you have suggestions, send them my way!

I hope everyone is having a great week!! It is time for me to go do some squats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...