Monday, December 2, 2013

Curly Hair, Mimosas, and a Lighted Boat Parade

Anyone else feel like Thanksgiving just flew by! It was crazy here. I apologize in advance for my crappy iPhone pictures. I didn't think to use my actual camera this weekend. Good news though, my laptop is finally fixed!!! I'll finally be blogging more! Wednesday, I only had to work half a day, then I was off until, well, today! Needless to say, this girl was not ready to come back to work! Wednesday night, we celebrated my step-mom's birthday, and since I had half the day off work, I attempted to curl my hair. I was actually successful! It was about time! I love my hair curly, and now if I can ever get my lazy butt out of bed in time to curl it for work, I will, but I don't see that happening any time soon!


Thanksgiving Thursday! We kicked off our day with mimosas, cinnamon rolls, and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It was the first year I actually sat down to watch it. A Chattanooga area high school band was preforming, so we made sure to watch it.  



The pup even enjoyed laying around all Thursday morning. Though the laying around didn't last long. We get lights out and started putting up our Christmas lights.


C insisted that we should "Griswold" our house, and you would be surprised at how close I was to saying yes. Only thing stopping me is our neighbors. We don't know them very well, and I don't want to make anyone mad. So just a few strands of lights and a few icicle lights. 


We enjoyed our first Thanksgiving dinner to ourselves. We usually spend it with my mom, but she was just getting in from work, and I knew she would probably be sleeping, so C and I cooked for ourselves. 

Friday we were beside ourselves. We didn't go Black Friday shopping early like we usually do, instead, we slept in and enjoyed the day. We ventured out later to pick up a few things, and the most important purchase of the day was our first real Christmas tree! C has been begging for one for a while, and I finally caved and we got one. I hate cleaning up after them, though I love how they smell!



May I present you the Long Family Christmas Tree!! "Little full, lotta sap." #namethatmovie


And Friday wouldn't be complete without C making me overly nervous. I was terrified he would fall off the roof. Good news. He didn't.


Friday night, Chattanooga kicked off the Christmas season officially. The annual lighted boat parade was downtown, and for the first time in the 3 Christmas seasons we have been here, C and I made it! We sat by the riverside and watched the boats in all their Christmas light glory. They even had Santa and Mrs. Clause in a canoe. 



No lighted boat parade is complete without a fireworks display. So C and I curled up in the trunk of the car and waited for them to start. Once they were complete, I swear you could just feel the Christmas spirit! Especially since the "tree" was finally on by the river front. 




Finally, the day I look forward to all year round. I love Christmas Saturday! C and I always spend the day together. We make a festive breakfast, hot chocolate, and we watch Christmas Vacation for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time of the season! We decorate the living room Christmas tree and mantle, and we finish up any other Christmas decorating that we need to! I was so thankful to be able to spend the day with C. The Christmas spirit was really in our house!! 




Last year, after Christmas, we bought an Elf on the Shelf. We don't have kids, but I love the idea behind it, so this year, we brought out the elf and he is now sitting on the mantle. C named him Buddy, and that will be his name until our first child names him. C and I plan on hiding Buddy around the house for each other through out the season. 


Normally C and I don't go out on Christmas Saturday, but I had to pick up a last minute gift for my sisters for our Sister Christmas Gift exchange, and C and I decided to go to the movies at the last minute. It was a great impromptu date. He makes me laugh like no one else can.

Sunday, my sisters and I continued out tradition of getting Santa pictures done. We were also lucky enough to have all the kids at my mom's house for Thanksgiving. I hated to leave, but C and I knew we had to get back to get some sleep. 


It was a great almost entire week off work. I am so thankful for everything God has given me. I am blessed beyond measure, and so happy to have such an amazing family. I hope y'all had an amazing Thanksgiving!! 

4 comments:

  1. I too would love to "griswold out" my house but the men of my house have little to no Christmas spirit. I also LOVE the front (I'm assuming from the picture) of your house with the large overhang it is gorehous && your Christmas Saturday breakfast too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send some Christmas spirit your way!! This is the first year we have decorated the front of the house, and we love it!! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Ps. I am living y'alls idea with elf on the shelf!! Where did you get that red and white striped straw??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at Target in the Christmas party stuff, and I've seen them at Hobby Lobby in the party stuff, along with the Christmas stuff. You can also find a bunch of colors on Etsy.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...