Thursday, October 17, 2013

Love List : Road Trip Essentials

We leave tomorrow!!! Well, we start traveling tomorrow. We don't officially leave on the cruise until Sunday afternoon, but as of about 5 pm tomorrow, I am officially on vacation until that dreaded Monday morning when I have to return to work on the 28th! So in honor of that, I thought I would share our Road Trip Essentials as my love list today because honestly, the best part about this week will be tomorrow when we officially kick off our vaca, so I am really loving these things!

After we both get up at 6 am and work all day, the last thing we want to do is drive all the way down to Port Canaveral. But we don't want to spend all day Saturday driving as well, so we have compromised! We will be driving to Daytona Beach which means we will arrive around 2 or 3 am. From there, we will check into a hotel, and sleep! Saturday we will spend the day at the beach and just relaxing, ya know getting in the vacation mood! We will stay in Daytona Saturday night as well, then finish the hour and a half drive to Port Canaveral first thing Sunday morning!

So with us being exhausted, we are going to need some serious help getting through the long drive! Here are the things we can't live without while road tripping!

Starbucks : I am pretty sure that coffee is a given! When C and I travel, we do our very best to travel at night to avoid traffic and the majority of the crazy drivers. Traveling at night has some major perks, but the drawback is that we get super sleepy. Solution = At 6 pm drink Starbucks like it is 6 am! Being wired on good coffee is the best. Once Starbucks closes, it means crappy coffee, so we cherish the good stuff!


Music : iTunes is my favorite! I guess it is because we are an Apple family. We both have an iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Both our computers (which aren't MacBooks like I wish they were) have iTunes, so sharing music is super easy. It means that we can buy one song once and not have to worry about double buying it! Like I said before, we travel late at night, so when coffee isn't helping us stay awake, we have a sing off. C has gotten pretty good at knowing a lot of the songs, so I am having to figure out what new songs to buy! Some of our favorite songs are :
Sail - AWOLNATION
Can't Hold Us - Macklemore
Never Stop - Safety Suit
Radio Active - Imagine Dragons
Titanium - David Guetta Feat. Sia
Wake Me Up - Avicii
Dark Horse - Katy Perry

        

Movies : When the sing off ends, usually I don't feel like talking because my voice will almost be gone, so watching movies is the next thing I do! I have my iPad loaded down with just a few of my favorites, and so I watch them! If I watched each of the 4 above back to back, we would be really close to Daytona. Pitch Perfect is our favorite travel movie because we can quote the entire movie and we make a game out of it! Turns out making up stupid games makes the time go by quicker!


   

Snacks : When I am bored, I eat. And traveling is no exception! We usually always stop at Chick-Fil-A before we really get on the road, but as the hours drag on, munching is my favorite thing to do. And junk food makes traveling easier! I prefer the Cheetos and Chips Ahoy while C likes Oreos and Doritos.


What is better than all that though is a pillow and blanket so you can sleep while someone else drives. I try not to sleep long while C drives, but occasionally I need a quick nap. I gladly drive when C needs a quick power nap as well. It is all about give and take.

Traveling is something C and I love to do, and our road trip essential list is always changing. Based on the trip we are making on Friday, these are our favorite things to have!

What do you have to take when you travel?


All images found via Google image search for the name of the product/movie






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...