Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Love Dare!

I have been patiently waiting this post!! Sarah told me about it a while back, and I have been so ready for it!!


C and I are getting ready to celebrate our 3rd anniversary in just 22 short days! I will admit there have been some rough patches along the way, but the past 3 years have been the best of my life! I don't claim to be a perfect wife. In fact I know I am not! I've tried to do the Love Dare before, but I always seem to get to day 6 and stop. It isn't because I don't want to do it anymore, it is because I am making sure that my husband doesn't know that I am doing it, and I tend to forget about it.

This past month or so has been a real struggle for me. C and I have had a lot going on in our marriage, and to say that this book study has come at the perfect time is an understatement!

My goals for this study is to strengthen my relationship with my husband and strengthen the areas that need to be strengthened. I took the Love Dare Evaluation and it was a complete eye opener. I have found the areas I need to work on, and I plan on doing just that. I want my husband to know that I love him unconditionally, and I want to make sure he feels wanted, appreciated, and accepted every day.

I am looking forward to how this book study will also help with my relationship with God. I can't wait to get started!! If you are interested in participating, you should!!

 Meaningful Marriage Book Study

4 comments:

  1. Have you thought about doing the Love Dare WITH your husband? My parents did it that way a few years ago and loved it! Now I have it and need to start it back up again. Really amazing doing it as a couple! Just a thought :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know several couples who have had a lot of success doing it together, but I don't think C and I would do so well doing it together. I'm afraid we would both put high expectations on how the other one should act after it is over, and I feel I would learn more doing it alone.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing it too and loving it already! Just started following and look forward to getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...