Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Layering [Meet Caitlin from Voguish at Best]

So since I knew I was going to be gone for a week, I set up some guest posts!! I have gotten together with some amazing ladies to bring you lots of good stuff!! First up is Caitlin over at Voguish at Best! She is super sweet and her and I share one major thing in common. We have the same name with the same spelling! She is a doll and I have really enjoyed getting to know her over the past few months! I always love seeing what new outfit she has posted! Check out some of my favorite posts of Caitlin's. One Two Three Four

Without any more of a delay, meet Caitlin!!

Good morning everyone!

I’m Caitlin from Voguish at BestI am so excited to be doing this post, as it’s my very first guest post!

Cait and I met through a wonderful program called Cara Box, which was created by Kaitlyn over at Wifessionals. It’s a fun pen-pal type assignment that centers on getting to know another blogger, and then sending them a gift box at the end of the season full of things you know they would love! It’s such a positive program, and I’ve loved being a part of it and meeting new bloggers from around the US.

That being said, I’m incredibly honored to be guest blogging on Cait’s blog. I
thought it would be fun to go over some Fall layering tips, as it’s definitely
starting to get a little nippy here in Virginia!

I do a lot of outfit posts and personal style entries, so I’d love to share a few Fall looks with you. I’ll be focusing on how to best style dresses for Fall, since they’re my favorite! 
For me, it’s all about creative layering!

1. Layering Blouses














One of my favorite ways to transition my dresses into colder weather is to use a collared or detailed blouse! Not only does it provide an extra layer of warmth, but it also creates the opportunity for a lot of fun patterns and textures. I've always been somewhat resistant to the idea that certain articles of clothing are only for certain seasons – dresses are one of those items for me that can easily be remixed and layered for year-round use.

I often use turtle necks, collared shirts (like a plain or printed chambray) or a blouse with ruffles or a bow to create an interesting layer to a dress.






2.  Cozy Sweaters






























Never underestimate the power of a great sweater in comfort, warmth and style!
As you can probably tell by now, I wear an excessive amount of dresses. They’re so versatile, and are definitely my favorite to wear and style. When it starts to get colder, I like to change things up a bit and reach for a cozy sweater to throw over my dresses and skirts instead of the typical cardigan (although I also do that on occasion!). You can belt it for some waist definition, or leave it loose. You can also add some pop to your sweaters by layering a patterned or collared blouse beneath it, so it peeks through at the collar and/or the sleeves.

The bottom line with this layering tip is that a dress can be used multiple ways – in this instance, it can be used as a skirt! It can also be used as a top, when tucked into another skirt. Remixing in this way can really utilize your favorite dress’s best features!

3. Tights and Pants



























One of the easiest tips I can give is to don your favorite pair of skinny jeans and grab a shorter summer dress to use as a tunic! Sometimes just adding jeans, a sweater and a scarf can make use of that super-cute dress you love but that just won’t cut it in the winter time.  
Tights are the slightly less warm option, but they’re a whole new level of fun, with endless options of color, pattern and texture.

Thanks for letting me share a few of my favorite ways to layer in this transitional season!
I hope this Fall is everything you’re hoping for – a time of spicy seasonings, scented candles, family, friends, treats, a few tricks, and a new leaf for your personal style.

Hope to see you around Voguish sometimes,
too!

Until then,

Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! And I love Caitlin!!! (:

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...