Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A surprise date night is just what I needed!

So I went to get my hair done last night. Just a normal thing that occurs every 6-8 weeks. I went about my business like I always do. I called C and reminded him that I was getting my hair done, so he was on his own for dinner and I would find something to eat when I get home. In my mind, that meant he was going to sit on the couch and watch TV while he waited for me to get home. I was fine with that. We have been going and going and going, so we really need just a few evenings to do nothing so that we can be fully coherent when we pack for our cruise. If I am the slightest bit tired when I pack, I over pack and I forget everything important! So taking a few days to do nothing is just what we needed. I called to let him know I was done and that I'll see him when I get home.

When I walked in, I was in total shock. My husband, the man who I love so dearly even though he doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, had outdone himself in so many ways. He had written me the sweetest note inside a card he had left in the wreath on the front door, and he has spread the rose petals we had at our wedding all over the living room, hall, kitchen, and dining room floor! There were tea light candles lit everywhere, and dinner was ready! He had gotten dressed up even. He bough me fall flowers again, and had my favorite wine ready.

Walking in and seeing what all he had done really reminded me why I love him. Not because he is romantic, but because he as this amazing ability to take my breath away. He really put serious thought into doing this. I am so thankful for this amazing man that God put in my life! I could not be happier! With all the crap we have had going on, a date night was just what I needed! I am truly blessed to have such an amazing man in my life!


  





And of course, I couldn't help but take a picture of my favorite bunch of pumpkins in the house! 

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO COOL! I seriously don't think my husband would ever do this :) How romantic and don't you love surprises like that?? Nicely played by your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet!!!
    I love that he's "not romantic" naturally - but still has the inspiration to surprise you and to do something totally romantic for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...