Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans and a Birthday & Wedding Recap!

So I have been so so busy ever since I got back from the weekend girls cruise for my sister's bachelorette weekend. I've given a small birthday eve recap, so now it is on to my actual birthday recap. :) In other words, be prepared for a lot of pictures!!!

Thursday, I had a small celebration at work, and then I headed down to GA so I could be with my sisters on Friday. We spent the morning taking my mom to the doctor, and picking up donuts. This girl loves her donuts! I don't allow myself to eat the often, but every once in a while, I indulge.  



Then we finished up some last minute wedding things including making all the favors. Then it was off to get mani/pedis. Side note : If my typing/spelling sucks, it is because I have acrylic nails, and I keep hitting the wrong keys. 


After nails were done, and food was picked up, it was time for the rehearsal dinner! 




Of course the night ended with everyone singing Happy Birthday to me. What a great way to make me the center of attention and cause me to break out in a cold sweat. I hate being the center of attention!

Saturday morning was full of bobby pins, hair spray, and Starbucks!


Once hair was done, it was time to head to the church to get ready! I am pretty sure this is one of my favorite pictures of N getting ready! 


Then dresses were put on and it was picture time!




Finally at 4:30 we were lined up and the wedding started! It was a beautiful wedding and I cried several times. I am so happy that I was able to share in this special day with my sister. Seeing M see her for the first time in her dress was such an amazing experience. N & M are truly made for each other!!


The wedding ended, more pictures were taken, and then we were off to the Tellus for the reception!




The reception was full of great food and a little dancing! Finally towards the end though, it was time to send off the floating lanterns!!





C and my lantern. 




Once the lanterns were sent off, it was time to vandalize the car!


I think they used 4 rolls of toilet paper on the car! N & M said their good byes and off they went! 



My mom, C and I met them at the ATL airport to see them off and to bring their car home. It was so nice to see the newlyweds! 




It was sad to see them off because that means I won't see them for a week, but it was nice to be a part of that. 

And finally, my sister did an amazing job on her gifts. My mom, younger sister and I got bracelets with our initials, or the word "Mom" and the wedding date on it. 


All in all it was a fantastic weekend!! I am so happy that N & M are married!!!



Sami's Shenanigans







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...