Saturday, September 14, 2013

I don't blog on Saturday.

Usually I don't blog on Saturday. I try and reserve the weekend to being completely "there" with whoever I am spending time with. But today I am making an exception. Why? Because I am in the car with C and my Nana on our way to VA and Nana has C's ear and I am left out of the conversation. So I am blogging. 

So I have to ask, has anyone else seen the Miss America pageant news? What are your thoughts on Miss Kansas, the I inked military contestant? Personally I am a huge fan! But I am a girl who would love to have several large visible tattoos. I think she is making a statement, and a great one at that. She is braking the beauty queen mold and I couldn't be happier! 

Several people have some serious views on tattoos. I come from a family where they aren't the norm. I believe that my newest brother in law and I are the only ones who have them out of my siblings and parents. I was the "rebellious" one. My ears have 3 piercings in each, I have my lip pierced, and I have recently gotten my naval re-pierced. I have "Exodus 14:13" tattooed on my right forearm, I have an Old English "M" tattooed on my neck, I have a star with "faith" written inside it in the middle of my back, and I have the Chinese symbol for love on my right hip. All these tattoos except for the one on my are are almost always covered. However, I am the girl who would love to have more. Lots more. I am a fan of tattoos. They tell a story. I have meanings behind all my tattoos. I put thought into them. I believe tattoos are art and a beautiful thing. But several people do not share my opinion. 

I know some people don't agree with me and have lots of negative things to say about people who have tattoos, so if you are one of them and you feel the need to tell me how bad of a person I am, feel free, just email me. 

I've already decided on my next one.


Don't worry, the "i" will be capitalized. I felt this was too plain, so I am having C draw some more designs around it. Something like this only not sideways. 


Now I just need to decide on color. 

So after that rabbit trail, what's y'all's opinion on Miss Kansas? 

2 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty phrase! I personally don't have any and probably don't want any, but I think it's personal preference and people can do what they want with their bodies - and tattoos can still be tasteful! Sometimes they're very meaningful too which I think is cool.

    Glad to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got several, and I really think about them before I get them. The only ones people can see are the wedding date tattooed on my wedding ring finger when a ring isn't covering it, and then "Exodus 14:13" on my forearm. Thanks for stopping by and giving your opinion! I love to hear others thoughts!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...