Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life Struggles

Have you ever gone through something that just rocked your world entirely, and I am not talking about rocking your world in a good way? Have you ever had to deal with something that struck you to the core? We all go through hard times, it is just a fact of life.

I've been praying really hard for the past few months that God will give me strength to make it through the crap I have to deal with on a regular basis, you know the normal stuff like a crappy day at work, in laws, a puppy who barks until the early hours of the morning, and even the after math of being on vacation and now your house is a wreck. We get overwhelmed, and it is just a part of life. So I've been praying hard that God will give me the strength to deal with these things in the best manner possible.


It only seems right that God just won't suddenly grant me this amazing amount of inner strength. No, instead God does what He knows is best for me and He gives me a struggle to over come. After all you appreciate things you earn more than things you are just given right? So God graciously has given me a serious struggle to deal with. I guess He knows just how much strength I am going to need.

I've been given the opportunity to decide how I am going to handle this struggle. I can let it out of my life without so much as a passing thought, I can fight it, or I can make it through it with the strength God is letting me earn. It is one of those times that I knew was coming, a storm that I knew I would have to face. I thought it was just going to be a thunderstorm, but nope, God has different plans. Instead, God gave me a tornado, complete with rain, strong winds, and the ever powerful tornado itself. How do you manage? How to you not give up?


I've made the decision to earn the strength I have asked for. I am taking each day at a time, and I am focusing on what is important. That is how I am getting through. I'll probably never remember how I made it through, but I do know that when I finally get through this storm, I will be a much better person, and I thank God for that. He gives me nothing more than I can handle. He has sifted everything through His hands, and I know that no matter what, He has my back and won't let me down. 

How do you handle storms in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you! I usually handle my storms by allowing myself to cry - really cry - and get it out. Then I lean on family & friends and take it one day at a time. You got this, girl! Let me know if there's anything I can do from far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't usually cry, though I am sure it helps. I'd love to have a good cry to get things out. Instead I turn to ice cream. Ice cream fixes everything :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...