Friday, September 13, 2013

A Letter to myself at 14. [TN Bloggers Link-Up]

After a rough week so far, I am very pleased to say that I woke up in the best mood ever! I don't think I was even in this good of a mood over the past 6 weeks or so. I'm really looking forward to the evening too because it means C and I are going to look at a tattoo shop to get a little more info on some designs. More on that later. But it also means we get a date night! I am looking forward to that more than any of you know! Any who. On to the real topic for today. A letter to myself at 14!

Dear Cait,

First off, stop blaming yourself for your parents divorce. It wasn't your fault, and I promise one day you will understand that. For now, just stop beating yourself up over it. You are 14, stop acting like you have to be grown up rightthissecond. I've got 10 years on you and I'd like to give you a little bit of advice. So sit down and listen.

You are just a freshman in high school. You will make a ton of friends over the next few years and I can tell you now, pick wisely. When I was your age, I didn't and I paid for it later. You will find one girl who will stick by your side. You may fight and not speak for a year or so, but she will be your best friend and will always be there for you! You will know who I am talking about when she comes around.

Do me a favor, When J comes along(trust me you will know who I am talking about) , be prepared to go through the hardest thing you will ever go through. 10 years later, it is still the hardest thing we have been through. You will meet him in about a year, and while that relationship will suck, but I promise it will make you stronger than you ever could imagine being. And I promise you this, you will NOT marry him. At times you may think you will because you will have been together for so long, but you won't. In fact you will meet your future husband while you are in your relationship with J. Your future husband is not W, T, or N. Those guys are nice and they are some of the best guy friends a girl could have at that time, but there is a guy even better for you. And he will be a friend through out all the problems you have with J. You won't think that you will marry your future husband, and you will go your separate ways, but God will bring you two back together eventually.

Band may be for geeks, but you will eventually be a part of it. Colorguard will consume your life and that is where you will meet your future husband, and several other seasonal friends. You will find something you are good at. Stick with it! You will go to a drum corps try out and you will make it. Don't ignore the email telling you this. Respond and go for the summer! I didn't and I wish I would have. Nothing good happens that summer anyway.

I know you miss Chattanooga. Don't worry, you will end up back home! Enjoy high school. It is supposed to be fun. Pay more attention in Spanish class. I sure wish I would have. Don't drink chocolate milk and eat Cheetos every day either. Memorize the sweet tea recipe from Foods class just like you did the icing recipe. Don't fight with your mom so much. She will always be there for you and you are too hard on her sometimes. Same goes for your sisters. When you go to SuperWow, hold on to that God high a little longer. Keep faith through out all the tough times and know God is with you. Pray more, and spend more time with God. You will thank me later.

One last thing. Your senior prom, if you can muster up the courage, ask C to go with you. I know you two will have already split up, but he never went to prom, and you will always want to recreate prom for him.

Stay strong, keep faith, and remember to breathe. 10 years goes by fast.

The 24 year old version of you,
Cait

 photo AboutMe3_zpscb966eb2.jpg


6 comments:

  1. If only we could actually send letters like this back in time, right?

    A personal favorite of mine is "pay more attention in spanish class" - yeah I should've done that too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this letter, Cait! You are so strong and compassionate as a person. I feel blessed to have gotten to meet you through this blogging world! I love to see how God worked out your way back to Chattanooga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Amazing how much you learned in just ten years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Amazing how much you learned in ten short years! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...