Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Goals for Motherhood [52 weeks]



My goals for motherhood... yikes. First off, I am not a mom, and C and I are not planning on children for a while. So now that this little portion of the 52 weeks is upon me, I am not sure how to respond...How do I go about all this when I have no kids? Rambling sounds good to me...So I apologize in advance if this makes no sense, and if it does then I will be just as surprised as you.  

Goals for motherhood. I guess all women have them. I mean we get baby dolls and play "mom" as a child, so we have it in our heads from a young age what kind of mom we want to be. I mean, how we treated our baby dolls was kinda the starting point in learning about being a mom. Though I do know that baby dolls are not actual children.

I guess my goals as a mother are : 
*to love my children unconditionally, and make sure that they know that. 
*to be whatever my kids need me to be, a friend, a cheer leader, a shoulder to cry on, and even a prison warden at times (even though I know they won't like that, but at times it might be what is best for them)
*to be a good Godly role model for them.
*to teach them right from wrong, and to teach them to know that it isn't always right to do what is popular, and it isn't always popular to do what is right. 
*to make sure that I take time for my marriage, and I let me kids see that so they can learn how to have a loving lasting marriage.
*to be present with my kids.
*to "stop and smell the roses," not to be in such a hurry with my kids because they are only that young once. 
*to make sure that my kids know that no matter what, no matter the problem, that they can talk to me and I will listen.

I want to have an open honest relationship with my children, so that if something happens and they are in trouble, they know that they can call me. 

Motherhood is something that terrifies me and excites me at the same time. I am looking forward to the day I get to become a mom, but it can wait a while. 

4 comments:

  1. I was like, Cait...is there something that you are sharing with us?! I totally agree with stopping to smell the roses when the lil ones arrive. They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I knew someone would think that! I'm dreading the time speed increase that comes when you have kids.

      Delete
  2. I think it's great to stop and think about it before you become a mom! Once you get that positive pregnancy test things can get a little crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for our sweet words!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...