Friday, August 30, 2013

Cheating : Curing #NOtivation

I am not one for cheat meals, but then again I am not one for diets either. I don't deprive myself, and I don't plan to. So how to I deal with the temptation of yummy fried or salty foods? I drink a bottle of water and wait 15 minutes. If I still want something that is bad for me, I promise myself that if I still want it the next day then I will allow myself to have whatever it is that I was wanting.

What usually happens is I slowly stop wanting that bad food. But what happens when I still want it the next day? I allow myself to have it! But in moderation. I have a bad history with over eating and splurging way too much when it comes to food, so I have to be careful. But I have learned that if I deprive myself, I cheat way more often.

Feeling like you might cheat? Here are a few tips that have helped me!

*Drink water
*Brush your teeth, no one likes mixing food and tooth paste
*Try to find a healthier version of the food (i.e. dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate)
*Do 100 jumping jacks (I usually don't to cancel out any working out I have done with bad food)
*Give yourself an allotted amount of time so that if you are still craving that bad food after the time is up, you give in, but only in moderation.

I am in love with the idea of Curing #NOtivation! It is really helping me stick to my healthy lifestyle!! Hope you guys have a fun and healthy Labor Day Weekend!!!

Mal Smiles

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great tips, I've covered a section on cheat days with my weight loss guide but I have tried to say it's not ideal to get into a habit of them all the time.

    I think really they should be called treat days ;)

    Kate - diariesofanessexgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treat days sound so much better! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...