Friday, July 12, 2013

My Biggest Weakness [52 weeks]


Again I am linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama. This week's topic is "my biggest weakness"

So where to start? I would have to say my biggest weakness is not knowing when to call it quits. Sound a little funny? Let me explain. My God given talent is that I am a very caring person. If you remember, I mentioned it here. And because I care so much, sometimes I don't know when to call it quits. 

I have had friends in the past walk all over me and use me, and guess what, I kept letting them because I cared about them, and I hoped that because I cared enough about them that they would eventually stop. That never happen. I let this go on for a long time until things actually got quite out of hand before I called it quits on letting them treat me that way. Now there were several people in this situation, but I am only referring to a few that I haven't spoken to since. Do I hate that time in my life? No. Do I regret letting them walk all over me? No. I have learned never to regret things, and at that time we were all young and careless so it poses no problem with me now. I still deeply care about each and everyone of them and want the absolute best for them. In fact if they called me up right now, I would talk to them as if none of this had ever happened and that is because in my mind, the past is the past, and I have moved on. 

Another time, the place I worked at, well I knew I was being tricked and I was being backed into a corner where I knew they would turn things around on me and tell me they have to let me go because of the things they asked me to do. Doesn't seem right does it? Nope. But in the end, I ended up leaving first, but only because I had a much better opportunity. There is no doubt in my mind that if I had not left on my own I would have stayed until they asked me to leave. 

Now, that is just a few examples. I have several others like this, but what it boils down to is sometimes I don't know when to call it quits on a relationship, work, etc. I care what other people think, how others feel, etc and I want to make sure I do everything I can to make sure everyone is happy and taken care of, and well, I am slowly learning that I can't please everyone, and that sometimes caring for someone means letting them struggle. It is a hard thing to learn...


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...