Friday, July 12, 2013

Must do things in Chattanooga in the Summertime - #TNbloggers Link-up

I've already posted today, but I stumbled upon this and just HAD to participate!! Ya'll know I love my hometown of Chattanooga, TN so this week's post is just perfect for me. Special thanks to Laura and Sarah for hosting this link-up!
Must do things in Chattanooga in the summertime. Even my least favorite season can't change the love I have for Chattanooga!! First off, it isn't really summertime until Riverbend!! Thousands of your closest friends shoved down on the riverfront listening to music. It is hot, smelly, crowded, and my favorite part about summer. The pins being as cheap as they are make it worth it to go. My opinion, get box seats for the nights you really want to see who is playing. They aren't that much more and they make the concert that much more enjoyable.
As always, other great things to do are to have a picnic at Riverpark, ride the carousel at  Colidge Park, take an evening stroll across the Walnut street bridge, and eat at Tony's, then go for dessert and coffee at Rembrandt's. Personally the Bluff View Art District is probably my favorite place in Chattanooga. And while you are at it, don't forget about going to see a Lookouts game.
Other great attractions here include Rock CityRuby FallsThe Incline RailwayThe Chattanooga ZooTennessee Aquarium, and  The Creative Discovery Museum to name a few. And I almost forgot...Movies in the Park is put on in July by First Things First. It is free, so if you are in the area on one of the nights, check it out! (Hint : Tomorrow's movie (7/13/2013), I think it is Elf!! Perfect if you are a Christmas lover like me!!) 
Major attractions not your thing? This area has excellent rock climbing, hiking, camping, and plenty of places for other outdoor fun (paddle boarding, kayaking, etc)!
So there you have it. Visit Chatty for a fun filled trip. There is something for everyone here! Tons of things to do here, I haven't mentioned. Look at Chattanooga Fun to help plan your visit!!

Thanks again to the lades who put on this link up!!

 photo AboutMe3_zpscb966eb2.jpg


9 comments:

  1. Chattanooga is such an awesome city! I'll have to put Riverbend on my calendar for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been the past 3 years since I moved back to TN, and I LOVE it! And with Pins less than $50 (there will be a price increase next year, not sure how much) it is a steal for that many concerts!

      Delete
  2. Riverbend sounds like a lot of fun! I've never new to Chattanooga. I love Elf. Smiling's my favorite lol. ; )
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I coul probably watch Elf all year long if my husband would let me!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I pretty much quote Elf as often as possible. :) usually when my husband makes me a little mad. My go to Elf quote. "You smell like beef and cheese" or "You sit on a throne of lies" :) gotta love a good movie quote!

      Delete
  4. Hey! I found your blog through Laura B:) I live in Knoxville, TN!
    http://reba-k.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...