Monday, July 29, 2013

If I Could Be Anything In The World [52 Weeks]

To say I am slacking is a huge understatement. My weekend was filled with about a thousand home improvement projects, and none of them were worth blogging about, well at least not yet. 

In true Cait fashion, I am running behind on posting as usual, but I really wanted to make sure I did this post. 

If I could be anything in the world...

I am already a wife to an amazing man. God sure did give me more than I deserve when He gave me C. I love being a wife. I love coming home to my best friend. I love that life is an endless sleep over party with my best friend. He is simply amazing, and being married to him is such a blessing. So being a wife was marked off the list back in October of 2010.

So, if I could be anything in the world, what would I be?

Simple. A mom.

Some of you might be scratching you heads, others, not so much. There are about a billion things I want to do, but if I never do them, I will be okay. Those things aren't things that will define me as much as being a mom will. I want to be a mom. If I had to give up everything so that C and I could be a family, I would. I know he wants to be a dad too. I want to go back to school to finish my degree and hopefully go after the career I want, but I would give that up in a heartbeat if I had to choose between my dream career and being a mom. Yes, I am young. So many people seem to want to point that out to me. They tell me to wait until I have really lived life to have kids. They tell me that I need to wait until C and I have been married for 5 years or more to have kids. I hate when people do that, don't you? They think they know what is best for you, but they don't really even know you.

C and I have had the talk about kids, and we have put it in God's hands. When God feels it is the time for us to have kids, then it will happen. For any family that reads this, let me just say now, no, C and I are not trying for a baby. That isn't what this is about. C and I want kids, but only in God's timing.

If you asked me 5 years ago why I was put on earth, the answer would have been, "to be a mom."
Now, the answer is, "to be C's wife and a mother to his children."

If I could be anything, it would be to be a mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...