Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bittersweet Summertime Favorites

I am that girl who had her husband read her The Night Before Christmas a few nights ago. Of coures in true husband fashion, he started reading it, then decided to say something he thought was funny, which I clearly didn't find funny and it ruined the story for me, thus making me mad enough to tell him to shut up and stop reading, that I was going to bed now. Obviously I deserve the best worst wife award. But do I see a "Christmas in July" party happening this year??

Anyone who knows me knows my serious obsession with Christmas. I will seriously try to decorate in September, and leave decorations up until March. I have my reasons for loving the holiday, and the are good reasons, but I am learning that I need to celebrate all holidays equally. So no Christmas decorations up in September, but I seriously think I will add "Christmas in July" to my list of holidays to celebrate. It will only be a weekend long thing, so C doesn't have to worry too much
#endchristmasramblings
It is June folks, which means that it is summertime here in Chattanooga! Riverbend 2013 is rightaroundthecorner, and that means tons of great music, funnel cakes, and thousands of your closest friends all crowded around the riverfront making it my favorite part of summer. This year's line up includes Flordia Georgia Line, Jake Owen, CeeLo Green, Brandy, Newsboys, Dierks Bently, Lynryd Skynyrd, Gavin DeGraw, and O.A.R. After attending last year, C has fallen in love with Riverbend, with good reason, so going this year is not optional. However, we will probably skip seeing CeeLo and Brandy. I am really looking forward to seeing Gavin DeGraw and Jake Owen!

Though it is summer, I am pretty stinkin' bitter about the fact that the weather is hot, and I don't live on the beach. But in any case, I am sucking it up and making the best of it. I am drinking sweet tea peach tea like it is going out of style, and eating fruit by the pound handful. Having some of my favorites around will sure make this summer a little easier to handle.

One - Two - Three - Four

And as always, you have to have fruit in the summer. I prefer strawberries and pineapple.

**You can read more about the pool here. But basically, this thing is going to be great for those weekends spent grilling out and enjoying a few adult beverages outside without dying in the TN heat.

**I use the 100 spf sunscreen. And yes I know what they say about high spf sunscreens. Personally I have never been burnt while using this, so that is what I am sticking to. Personal preferance.

**The hair ties...oh.my.gosh. I was worried they wouldn't hold my hair, but boy was I wrong!!! They are just simply perfect, not for working out though, just everyday life! And all the colors! Talk about one to wear with every outfit. They are a key staple for my summer wardrobe because face it, wearing your hair down in summer is a horrible idea if you are going to be outside all day, so having a cute bracelet that doubles as a hair tie is the perfect solution.

**The lip gloss and body wash, well everyone has raved about them, so it was about time I tried them. I went a little crazy fell in love with both products!! I got the Raspberry Sorbet lip gloss, and it is awesome! And of course, the Magarita scented body wash. Magarita scented anything in the summer is a win in my book!

**Mason jars are a simply a staple for the entire year, but the summer especially! Don't forget to add a cute stripped straw.

**I have about 5 billion 10 pair of sunglasses, and these are my favorite! I have both gold and silver so I can wear them with anything!

So there you have it. Just a few of my favorite things that are going to make this summer a little easier to handle! But it is official, the countdown to fall is on! I am ready for some much cooler weather, football, bonfires, and hot chocolate!
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...