Wednesday, June 26, 2013

10 Things I Live For [52 Weeks]

Once again, I am linking up with Becky over at From Mrs to Mama for 52 Weeks of Blogging with a purpose. Though it seems that just like last week, I am a few days later than everyone else posting. Opps.

So without any further delay, here are 10 things I live for in no particular order.


10. Christmas time. Just ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you that I am a HUGE Christmas fan. I love the season, the weather, the decorations, just everything about Christmas! I love Christmas so much that I start listening to Christmas music in September, and I am usually begging C to let me start decorating in September as well. I would take down the decorations in time to decorate for Halloween and then Thanksgiving. So far, decorating for Christmas in September has been a no every year.


9. Holidays. Now as much as I love Christmas, I love all holidays. 4th of July is probably my 2nd favorite holiday. But I love to get in the spirit of the holiday and decorate until my husband says that is enough. I love celebrating just about anything. And I will make just about anything festive. Waffles, cupcakes, heck, I even coordinate the paper straws I use to match the upcoming holiday.

8. Working out/Getting healthy. Now had you asked me this 5 months ago, this would not be on my list, but Valentine's day, C and I joined a gym, and there has been no turning back. I am not focused on a weight loss goal, but I am more focused on getting healthy. God gave me one body and I am now doing everything I can to keep it healthy and strong so it lasts me as long as possible. Read more about that journey here.

7. Fall. It is no secret that I do not like summer. unless I am on the beach somewhere, I hate summer. It is just too hot. I live live live for Fall when it is time for sweaters, boots, football, camping, hot chocolate, bonfires, and changing leaves. Oh and not to mention my anniversary!! :) Shout out to all the October couples!!

6. Making our house a home. From everything from keeping it clean to repainting the bathroom that we painted just 6 months ago because it wasn't what I wanted to planting pretty flowers outside and everything in between. I love turning the house we live in into a home. I love love love hanging pictures up of us.

5. Learning new things. I didn't finish college. I know, I know. And I want to go back. But I live for learning new things. It could be as simple as learning a new recipe, or as complex as a new crazy math problem. I love the idea of always being able to learn something new. We have that opportunity, and I want to take full advantage of it.

4. My Fur baby, Chaco. Oh this little girl. She may drive me nuts with her barking at midnight, but I love her so. She is the most loving puppy I have ever met. I know that no matter how bad my day has been, she will still run up and jump on me and lick my face if I let her. A lot of people rescue animals, but I do believe that Chaco rescued me and C.




3. My Family. I've got quite a bit of family. We fight and don't get a long most of the time from time to time, but at the end of the day I know that they are all here for me and they would all do anything for me. I don't know where I would be without my family. They help me stay strong when I don't want to be.


2. My husband. The love of my life. The man God had planned for me all along. He is my rock, my cheer leader, my shoulder to cry on, along with many other things (like my water get-er, my light turner off-er, my trash taker out-er). At the end of the day, he is the one I get to lay down next to and wake up next to. He helps me be a better person. He is the love of my life and I don't know where I would be without him.


1. God. I'm a Christian, and I am proud of it. I know I am not the best Christian in the world, I'm human so I  make mistakes, but I know that I serve an awesome, loving and forgiving God.


So there you go. That's just a little bit more you know about me.


1 comment:

  1. love this!!! I am a Christian too! We have a lot in common....I love fall too..we were married in November of 06.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...